Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

what are your thoughts on KIA cars???

Old 08-21-2006, 04:06 PM
_______

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Default Re: what are your thoughts on KIA cars???

Originally Posted by slowb20civic
I never knew Kia was a part of Hyundai, and I really really doubt that.
I do know they used to belong to Ford; and they probably still do..

Ford Festiva = KIA

also, go test drive an acura, or a mercedes,
and you will see how a KIA is a POS, they don't hold value, & they are just cheap, I'd rather buy a used Honda Civic///

that is just my opinion, don't do it!!!
KIA never belonged to Ford. KIA and Hyundia are sister companies. Thats the reason they share many of the same parts.

In your opinion what makes KIA so shitty? I take it you have never owned one. And please dont ever compare a $12-$15K car to a $25K & ^ Merc. Obviously the cheaper car will feel cheaper.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I never knew Kia was a part of Hyundai, and I really really doubt that.
Are you serious?
Old 08-21-2006, 04:09 PM
_______

Hey did you guys know that KIA has actually been around since 1944? Just thought you would like to know Of course they only made bicycle's then.

Last edited by _____; 08-21-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

Oh yeah. Toyota started in the late 1800's when Sakichi Toyoda invented the wooden Toyoda handloom. Then in 1937 Toyota Motor Co., Ltd. was established.
WHAT!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

chess has disabled reputation

I think they are junk.... They have no resell value which is a negative... but I mean.. Its the old saying, you get what you pay for..
Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

Originally Posted by _____
KIA never belonged to Ford. KIA and Hyundia are sister companies. Thats the reason they share many of the same parts.

In your opinion what makes KIA so shitty? I take it you have never owned one. And please dont ever compare a $12-$15K car to a $25K & ^ Merc. Obviously the cheaper car will feel cheaper.
I actually rented a Kia Optima, & it was a POS....

I can sell you a used,
very clean 2001 Mercedes C240 6-spd right now for $15,900

why buy a KIA????
Old 08-22-2006, 01:29 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

well, I was just giving you "My thoughts on KIA Cars"

I still really doubt kia & hyundai are together,
& if they are, its not to improve Kia's brand quality,
it would be so Hyundai could dominate Korean automobile market...

i know a Ford festiva was a KIA !!!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

HAve you noticed the thread starter has only this one post. It's obviously a spammer. Maybe it's Kia' new ad campaign. I mean honestly, who really gives a big enough shit about Kia to start a thread about them?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I tried to give you a chance now it's my turn to prove how dumb you are.

Kia Motors
Kia Motors was founded in 1944 as Kyungsung Precision Industry making bicycle parts by hand. The company was originally located in Seoul, but moved to Pusan during the Korean War. While in Pusan, Kia produced Korea’s first bicycle and took its current name in 1951.

Kia Motors In 1961 Kia produced Korea’s first motorcycle and in 1962, the country’s first truck – the 3-wheel K360. Kia also produced Korea’s first gasoline engine in 1973 and, in October 1974, Korea’s first passenger car – the Brisa. The Brisa became the first Korean vehicle to be exported, when it was sold in the Middle East. Korea’s first diesel engine was also produced by Kia, in 1978.

Kia continued to compete in the automotive industry until 1997, when it fell victim to the Asian financial crisis of that year and was taken over by the Hyundai Business Group the following year. The Hyundai Automotive Group was founded in 2000 and Kia and Hyundai Motor Company became sister companies along with parts supplier Hyundai Mobis and a number of other companies. Kia is currently Korea’s second largest manufacturer and its oldest.

Kia has three production centers in Korea: Hwasung, which has an annual production of 600,000 units; Sohari, which produces 340,000 units; and Kwangju, which manufactures 210,000 commercial vehicles every year. In addition, the company has six R&D centers in Korea with three operational hubs in Namyang, Sohari and Ulsan.

Overseas, Kia has 7 subsidiaries and a distributor network covering around 160 countries. A further 6 subsidiaries will be added by the end of 2002. The company also maintains two R&D centers in the United States, one in Germany and one in Japan.

Kia was taken over by the Hyundai Business Group in 1998. When Hyundai Motor Company spun off from the group in 2000, Chairman Chung Mong-Koo formed the Hyundai Automotive Group, which comprises Kia Motors Corporation, Hyundai Motor Company, Hyundai Mobis (a parts supplier) and 19 other companies all related to the Group’s core business.

Kia Motors Corporation and Hyundai Motor Company operate as separate companies in the marketplace. However, the two companies share R&D facilities and parts distribution networks. At the manufacturing end, Kia and Hyundai are benefiting from increased use of shared platforms, transmissions and engines. By 2008, the number of platforms will be reduced from 23 to 6. The two companies will also have 13 different motors at their disposal.

You can find out more about Kia at http://www.kiamotors.com
http://www.daviscup.com/partners/kiamotors.asp
Old 08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
_______

I actually rented a Kia Optima, & it was a POS....

I can sell you a used,
very clean 2001 Mercedes C240 6-spd right now for $15,900

why buy a KIA????
What made the Optima so shitty?

Why buy a KIA? Because I sell imports car parts and sell more for Mercedes than I do KIA's.

I have had more problems with my 2001 F-150 (only 2 problems)than I have with my 2002 Spectra. (1 problem that was coverd under warranty)

well, I was just giving you "My thoughts on KIA Cars"

i know a Ford festiva was a KIA !!!
KIA and Hyundia are sistor companies trust me.

Please explain how a 88-93 Ford Festiva is a KIA since KIA was not even in the US at that time.

Quick Reply: what are your thoughts on KIA cars???