Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

what are your thoughts on KIA cars???

Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sethster has disabled reputation
Default what are your thoughts on KIA cars???

Has anyone else noticed that the Kia Rio has started to make some noise in the automotive market? I’ve been working with Kia lately and everyone has been talking about the JD Power award they recently won. It came a shock to me cuz I like Kia cars but its not something from them that I expected. However, it is cool to see a car company working hard on improving their cars and their image for real. Anyone know what I’m talking about and agree with me?
Old 08-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Re: what are your thoughts on KIA cars???

3 words...10 year warranty
Old 08-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

They don't get my rocks off. But for cheap-beat the shit out of economy car they're alright I guess. Their resale absoultely sucks though.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

What dealership do you work at? I've honestly never heard anyone talk about Kia's for any reason.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:51 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

I sell imports car parts and dont get nearly as many calls on KIA's than I do say Mitsubishis or Yotas. Now that probally has alot to do with the fact that there arent as many KIA's on the road as other auto makers.

If you would have asked how good I thought KIA was back when they first came out in say 96-97, I would have laughed at you and walked away. Now however they are making a name for themselves by selling economy priced import vehicles in the US.

I bought a KIA Spectra brand new in 2002 and have keept up with the regular maintnence and have not had any major problems. I had a check engine light that came on about 3 months ago and would go on and off every now and then. Turns out it was a defective part in the fuel pump sending unit that was covered under a recall. I just had it at a shop to look over everything and check it out for inspection. Only thing it needed was a half a pound of freon for the A/C that was still blowing cold just not cold enough.

If you ask me there are a fine daily driver for anyone looking for somthing reliable. In the automotive world you get what you pay for and I consider KIA one of the bargains where you get more than what you pay for.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

lutex1 has disabled reputation

me and my girl just bought a Sorento and so far i am very happy with it...smooth ride and incredible handling for a mid-size SUV...as far as the rio they have come a very long way since they first got here....they just need to make a sportier version...like Honda has the SI and it would attract alot more tuners....and the warranty is always a plus....however like stated before their resale value is incredibly low
Old 08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

I agree, resale value is horrid with KIA. When I bought mine I was getting out of the street racing, have to go everywhere fast, stage in my life so I knew I would not be getting rid of the car anytime soon. I liked the fact that I had a 4 door car so friends and I could go out in comfort. Now my wife drives it and loves it.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde

kia is the swagger jacking car company
ripping off other brands looks
Old 08-15-2006, 08:18 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Don't buy a Kia new because the drive-off-the-lot depreciation is like 60% instantly. However, Hyundai has come a long way.. Id drive an Azera and maybe even a Sonata as a daily.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

i still think kia sucks ass but i agree that Hyundai is getting some

Quick Reply: what are your thoughts on KIA cars???