Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Build Bullitt or Buy GT500
Build the Bullitt
5.00%
Buy the GT500
37.50%
Mustang suck and you should buy something else
57.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

What does Driven think?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:05 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Re: What does Driven think?

what makes you so certain you'll turn such a huge profit on it in germany? i understand it might not be a very common car in germany, but are american cars really that popular over there?

i'm sayin. with all the cool ass cars available to you in europe that will never see these shores (or available here but at a significantly higher price tag) you want a mustang???

and i also want to know how you're including a new m3 in your short list... i'm assuming you're talking about an e92, but i'm having a hard time lining up the numbers on that- you're talking cars in the mid-40s, last i knew e92 m3's are running for a minimum of upper 50s, with any options shooting into the 70s. if they're that cheap over there i'll be planning a trip to visit my brother in italy next summer...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by blackout
what makes you so certain you'll turn such a huge profit on it in germany? i understand it might not be a very common car in germany, but are american cars really that popular over there?

i'm sayin. with all the cool ass cars available to you in europe that will never see these shores (or available here but at a significantly higher price tag) you want a mustang???

and i also want to know how you're including a new m3 in your short list... i'm assuming you're talking about an e92, but i'm having a hard time lining up the numbers on that- you're talking cars in the mid-40s, last i knew e92 m3's are running for a minimum of upper 50s, with any options shooting into the 70s. if they're that cheap over there i'll be planning a trip to visit my brother in italy next summer...
American muscle cars are very popular in both England and Germany. I sold a Camaro in England and made about 6K over blue book with it. The exchange rate and the fact they dont sell them there does help increase their value. PLus for them to buy them at importer dealerships they pay an even higher markup. So an individual seller can make a good profit. With research I've done checking local base listing in Germany and values of them on German equivalent of autotrader I could make about 5-8K over what I owe.

You might not like a Mustang but its sorta the same over here with some of the cars we dont get like the Skyline and such. They are a big deal to us since they aren't an everyday item.

As for me wanting a Mustang... Yes, I like them sorry if that is an issue for you, but everyone has different tastes. GT500s are def on my list of cars that I would love to own. As are M3s and many other things.
The bonus of buying one overseas is with the military car buyer program I can avoid taxes as well having a guranteed price match to the lowest quote I can find.

Now about the BMW's being cheaper over there. I'm sure they are normally anyway but BMW also has a Military car buyer program for only US military members stationed overseas. I would still be able to avoid taxes and recieve any offered discounts.
You can also take a pre made not sold cars or demo towards the end of the year and get even more money off. A SSgt in my shop just picked up an 09 5 series and save about 10K over stateside prices and didnt have to pay taxes. It had 38 miles on the odometer.
Just lookin on the base adds a 2010 M3 coupe with the following options--- Exterior Color: Space gray
Interior Color: Black Novillo leather
Engine: 8 Cylinders
Transmission: 6 Speed
Options: 19" Wheels, Adaptive headlights, Air Conditioning - Automatic, Alloy Wheels, Cold Weather Package, Cruise Control, Heated Front Seats, I POD Adapter (without cable), Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows, Rain Sensor, Shadowline exterior Trim, Tire Pressure Monitor System, Trim: Titanium Shadow, Xenon Lights

cost stateside - 58,400 MSRP and through the US military sales program at the Ramstein car lot - $51,150 --- If I get a 2010 model in early 2011 I might even be able to get it a little lower in price. I will also be taking part of the money I have saved while being deployed for 1yr and using it as a down payment on whatever I decide to buy.

The M3 is def a higher end car, but a GT500 is around 48K so not much difference in price.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

it's not that i don't like mustangs... in fact i do actually like them. i just think there's way better options for what type of driving can be done in europe, where there are actually lots and lots of TURNS, everywhere. i think the consensus of mustang fans out there would agree that they are much more suited to the drag strip or cruising than carving up corners in the swiss alps or on the 'ring.

and yeah, a nearly 7k drop off for the m3 is very significant... i'm not in the military anymore so that doesn't really apply to me, but that would make the high-end german cars much more attainable, and tempting...

i'll bet you could get a late model used rs4 or other top notch audi for something in the 20s... that's probably what i would do.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Living in Germany... buy a Porsche!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

This thread makes me think of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ObUXS4KD7s
Old 03-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally Posted by Will Sol
reason Im even considering this is because I can sell the Bullitt in Germany for profit and the xxxxxx can be ordered through AAFES New Car sales at sticker or below.
Computes.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

96-00 Honda civic HB
Old 03-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

s14kouki has disabled reputation

well I actually voted imports suck so dont hate me, but you should just buy the new GT500
Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
That pretty much sums it up....

Originally Posted by Jay
Computes.
good to see some get it...
Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
damn, i'm not even that big fan of mustangs but that commercial is tits.