Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Build Bullitt or Buy GT500
Build the Bullitt
5.00%
Buy the GT500
37.50%
Mustang suck and you should buy something else
57.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

What does Driven think?

Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default What does Driven think?

Well I'm deployed to Qatar and have way too much time to think down here.
My current situation is this...

I will be moving to Germany in 2011 and currently drive a 2009 Mustang Bullitt. I like the car, but since I will be moving to Germany I might have the oppurtunity to sell the Bullitt for a little bit of a profit(6K-8K) and turn it around into another car I'm very interested in. The 2011 GT500 or at least the reg 2011 GT since it will have the new 5.0.

So in your opinion's is it better to build up the Bullitt - Thinking of a Kenne Bell, clutch, flywheel, suspension and a few other things and spend about $8K with about a 38K total

Or just say fuck it and go with the GT500 since I'm looking to get about the same amount of hp out of them - The GT-500 I might just get a tune and pulley swap -with sticker price minus 6K-8K

It might be nice to totally make the Bullitt mine, but I would def loose any warranty where as with the GT500 I could keep it and not only have the power but a 6 speed.

Build it or Buy it...?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King
Default Re: What does Driven think?

I say buy, u get power and warranty
Old 03-15-2010, 01:24 PM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

The lack of the 'Brocks a Faggot' option in polls these days is seriously disheartening. That said, I went with the next best option in the poll.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
The lack of the 'Brocks a Faggot' option in polls these days is seriously disheartening.
Since it involves mustangs already, I thought the Brock is a Fag part was just a known piece of the puzzle
Old 03-15-2010, 01:38 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

gt500- warranty and six speed, plus reliability
Old 03-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

gt500...new one is sex!!! you shouldnt have added the mustangs suck thing. anyone who says the new gt500's suck is a moron. im not even a ford fan but the new ones are sick nasty.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered member

The GT500 is sex but it is cool to think I could finally build one exactly how I want it. Plus a Kenne Bell would be so much fun.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

New GT500 is nice looking, but I just hate the way they (mustangs in general, haven't driven a new GT500) drive... you sit "on" them vs. "in" them and the steering wheel/shifter spacing blows. Go drive a Corvette or a Porsche and you'll never want to be in a Mustang for performance driving again. They make fine commuters and great drag cars, but at the end of the day there are better options out there.

Not sure how much a new GT500 is going for but I have to believe you can get a low mileage C6Z06 for similar (or most likely less) coin.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

lol, when i saw you posted the first thing i thought was "i bet brian told him to buy a corvette". in this case it would be a better option if hes considering a vette. after driving those cars (mustangs) around while working @ ford i'd never want to own one. not much of a drivers car.

Will, if its just between the two mustangs I'd definitely go w/ the GT500 for 2 reasons: Resale value and warranty.

Last edited by Archer; 03-15-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

id definitely take a gt500, but then again i havent even been in one.

Quick Reply: What does Driven think?