Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

VW transmissions suck

Old 08-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90GTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy VW transmissions suck

well for the second time in under a month my car resides on jack stands because of the transmission. the first time was about 3/4 weeks ago. it was raining and i decided to do a long burn-out endind in a loud bang followed by some grinding and alot of vibration. it ended up being that i had blown out my 4th gear. so i bought another one from a friend and put it in. well last night on the way home the clutch was acting funny. it wouldnt fully disengage. i though it was the clutch cable. so i had a friend pick one up for me this morning but it didnt help the problem at all. i knew it could be one of 2 things. the throw-out bearing was crushed or i broke my pressure plate. i dropped the tranny and pulled the clutch off and out comes a little peice of metal. it was one of the teeth form the pressure plate. it had gotten stuck in between the pp and the clutch disk. right now i have the new clutch on and the tranny back up in the car. but i gave up due to an extreme headache and the worst mosquitos (sp?) i have ever seen. tomorrow after work i should have it all back together in under an hour. then i have that damn 500mile break-in period. most of you probably wont read this but whatever.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:53 PM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

hahahahahahahha, fark dubs. my cel made a return tonight, who knows what i fucked up now.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:48 PM
ECR
Bow Down

ECR is on a distinguished road

fucking volkswagens!!!!! fuck em'
Old 08-26-2003, 07:48 PM
MOB
Versus1

MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB

The tranny problems carried over to A3's also. I had a 97 GTI and it was always in the shop. Riveted gears in the tranny was just asking for problems. That's why they make conversion kits to prevent this. Something VW should have done from the factory.