Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Virginia seat belt law

Old 05-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of
Default Re: Virginia seat belt law

Thanks man.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Does this include passengers?

For some reason, I don't wear my belt in the back seat. I always wear it when I'm driving, I just feel wierd without it.

-Jarrod
Old 05-23-2007, 11:04 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Does this include passengers?

For some reason, I don't wear my belt in the back seat. I always wear it when I'm driving, I just feel wierd without it.

-Jarrod
for the sake of your friends in the front seat man please wear a seatbelt in the back. because if they get in an accident, you not wearing the seatbelt can fly forward and have your teeth imbeded in the back of their heads and kill them. (not trying to be funny, was actually a true story)
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Banned

cpakc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 65-SpyderGT
If you are bumped from the side or run over road debris, you may no longer be in position to control the vehicle and end up harming others.

That's the lamest most BS point I've ever seen made to support the posistion of wearing seatbelts. Did you know in 49 states and in the Federal Government LEO are not required to wear their seatbelt while on duty? What does that tell you about your theory now?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 AM
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jeremy
seat belts
+1 I really don't see why people don't put on seatbelts it takes less than 5 seconds and can save your life
Old 05-24-2007, 03:30 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

ever since they said that if you dont have your seatbelt or that your passenger doesnt, i make everyone who rides with me put it on. ill be damned if imma get a ticket cause your retard ass doesnt click it.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cpakc1
That's the lamest most BS point I've ever seen made to support the posistion of wearing seatbelts. Did you know in 49 states and in the Federal Government LEO are not required to wear their seatbelt while on duty? What does that tell you about your theory now?
Really? Show me? I would love to see that line of BS. It is a requirement if you want to be insured by a health care provider, no way around that. Federal Government you have no choice, it is an order.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

It tells me that you're lying.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Makin Moves

Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311

I've heard (don't fucking quote me on this) that the reason LEO is not required to wear a safety belt is it "interferes" with personal equipment like their nightstick or gun and it's MORE of a risk to the officer to get caught up in the seatbelt while trying to exit the vehicle, in an emergency, than it is for them to loose control of the cruiser (statistically speaking). Like I said I can't cite a source on this one though.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by tiki240
ever since they said that if you dont have your seatbelt or that your passenger doesnt, i make everyone who rides with me put it on. ill be damned if imma get a ticket cause your retard ass doesnt click it.
The driver does not get a ticket if the passenger doesn't wear a seatbelt, the passenger does.

Back when they first made that law I had a cop pull me and a buddy over, I was riding shotgun. The cop came up to my window and knocked on it, wrote me a ticket for no seatbelt. He then went around the car and wrote my buddy a ticket for speeding.

Quick Reply: Virginia seat belt law