Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Vehicle history question - dupe title

Old 01-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1
Default Re: Vehicle history question - dupe title

Originally Posted by Dillweed
auction cars suck too.
Uh...what? I've bought all my cars and my parents have bought cars for my mom and my sis from dealers auctions(with the help of a dealer friend). Never had issues. Just about used car you see on lots has been to one auction or another. Even bought cars that had up to 6 reassignments(usually 3 is max).

OP, As long as the current title works, then you should have no issues. I'd still do a thorough lookover on the car, I just think title history isn't a major concern as long as the current paperwork works. That's as easy as calling the local dmv and checking the title number. Good luck with purchase.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acrytet70 has disabled reputation

You guys are going to the extreme.. that's not even a record that I would care about. It could have been the lien being registered or even sold from finance company to finance company. If the car is good, and your buying from a legitimate dealer, you have nothing to worry about.