Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

va title signed by 2 people.. what do i do??

Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN
Default Re: va title signed by 2 people.. what do i do??

Originally Posted by sirex89
i traded to get this... and like i said before, im from north carolina so i dont know how exactly va works other than you dont have to get it notorized..

ive bought and traded numerous vehicles were 2 people have signed the title.. why? because in NORTH CAROLINA we have a mvr-4 form(LOST TITLE FORM) that can be picked up for free at my local tag office. and with that, all i have to do is get the owner to sign it, me sign it and get it noterized. bam send it off title comes back in a week or 2.

i was curious if there was anything like this in va. and thanks to this *stupid* thread i made, i found out va doesnt.

i only post fs/ft threads on this forum.. so for posting my first thread in something other than fs/ft threads i should be banned??

sorry i dont live on this forum waisting my life...
Yes you can apply for a lost title in VA, however you have to be the registered owner to do it. The only thing that you can do is pressure the seller to do it.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...eplacement.asp
Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

i traded to get this... and like i said before, im from north carolina so i dont know how exactly va works other than you dont have to get it notorized..

ive bought and traded numerous vehicles were 2 people have signed the title.. why? because in NORTH CAROLINA we have a mvr-4 form(LOST TITLE FORM) that can be picked up for free at my local tag office. and with that, all i have to do is get the owner to sign it, me sign it and get it noterized. bam send it off title comes back in a week or 2.

i was curious if there was anything like this in va. and thanks to this *stupid* thread i made, i found out va doesnt.

i only post fs/ft threads on this forum.. so for posting my first thread in something other than fs/ft threads i should be banned??

sorry i dont live on this forum waisting my life...
I live on this forum but my life is pretty fucking good sorry you couldn't handle the heat !!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:11 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

figured id make this thread just to piss you off

YOUR WELCOME
You're*
Old 03-03-2011, 04:45 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

The guy you bought it from, is going to need to handle it. He just needs to get the title in his name. Depending on how nice/cool the seller was, he might do it. It will cost him some time and a little bit of hassel. But maybe he'll understand. But then again he could be a douche and say fawk off. Hope it works out bro.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 AM
GO GET ME A TEA!!!

sirex89 has disabled reputation

Thanks everyone, just trying to get the facts straight..
Old 03-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

At least you actually got the title. This could have been one of the many "I just bought this car, what happens if the seller didn't give me the title?" threads...
Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by nftuatn
whoevers name is on the buyers line is the one that needs to title it before it can be transfered to you....

sounds like the guy you brought it from should have registered it before selling it to you...

it will most likely have to be either processed or something before you can title it...good luck getting around it in virginia

Ding Ding. We have a winnAr.

Its called jumping title, and its illegal in VA. Five bucks says the guy you bought it off of is not the listed owner on the title. However, if it is, all he has to do is go to DMV and get a duplicate title at the cost of.....$5.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Kouki KA-T has disabled reputation

You will have to get the seller/trader to go to DMV and put the title in his name. It won't cost him as much actually getting plates and what not. Either way, it is illegal and you should have checked out the title before trading (and if you did check it out and had your hesitations about VA vs. NC, shouldn't have followed through till some research) Take care of it asap or it'll COST you.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

mattig has disabled reputation

bump
Old 03-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

WTF? I seldom do this, but you fucking troll. You bump this thread? Then I looked at your join date - fucking idiot.

Quick Reply: va title signed by 2 people.. what do i do??