VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   va title signed by 2 people.. what do i do?? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/va-title-signed-2-people-what-do-i-do-386015/)

sirex89 03-02-2011 05:08 PM

va title signed by 2 people.. what do i do??

i picked up a jeep from va lastnight.. its signed by the seller, but its also signed by a buyer on the top buyer line...? can i sign it on the lower buyer line and it still come back in my name only?

unuzual kustum 03-02-2011 05:34 PM

Re: va title signed by 2 people.. what do i do??

Ok, whatever you do don't cross anything out. If it's like it is in WV you need to go to the DMV and at the desk show them what had happened and they may give you a paper that the state police need to fill out and varify the vehicle. If they don't do that then they will tell you what to do. Or atleast call the DMV in the morning and find out.

sirex89 03-02-2011 06:31 PM

Well im from nc, so that makes it that much more shitty. Here we have a mvr-4 form(lost title form) that are avaliable at the dmv for free.. is there anything like that in Va?

nftuatn 03-02-2011 06:44 PM

whoevers name is on the buyers line is the one that needs to title it before it can be transfered to you....

sounds like the guy you brought it from should have registered it before selling it to you...

it will most likely have to be either processed or something before you can title it...good luck getting around it in virginia

RandomTask 03-02-2011 06:49 PM

Its called jumping titles and you can't do it. Person who signed as buyer needs to have it put in their name then sign it to you.

sirex89 03-02-2011 08:14 PM

So im fucked in other words..

~Josh 03-02-2011 08:52 PM

Who the fuck is still stupid enough to buy a car with somebody elses named signed on it/ or no title at all.

How many of these exact same threads have there been.

We ban people for petty bullshit now.... can we ban people for making a thread thats been made 100 times? How about for pure stupidity?

sirex89 03-02-2011 09:44 PM

i traded to get this... and like i said before, im from north carolina so i dont know how exactly va works other than you dont have to get it notorized..

ive bought and traded numerous vehicles were 2 people have signed the title.. why? because in NORTH CAROLINA we have a mvr-4 form(LOST TITLE FORM) that can be picked up for free at my local tag office. and with that, all i have to do is get the owner to sign it, me sign it and get it noterized. bam send it off title comes back in a week or 2.

i was curious if there was anything like this in va. and thanks to this *stupid* thread i made, i found out va doesnt.

i only post fs/ft threads on this forum.. so for posting my first thread in something other than fs/ft threads i should be banned??

sorry i dont live on this forum waisting my life...

~Josh 03-02-2011 10:00 PM

I guess using the search button, or google, OR THE STICKIED DMV THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE FUCKING PAGE, is just too much to ask of classifieds trolls. :rolleyes:

sirex89 03-02-2011 10:25 PM

figured id make this thread just to piss you off :)

YOUR WELCOME