Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Underrated Autos

Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Inglip 2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner
Default Re: Underrated Autos

I can't figure out if the point of this thread was underrated cars in the horsepower sense (i.e. 03-04 Cobra) or underrated in the reputation sense (i.e. The Impulse).

At any rate, I'm going to igfuckingnore the point of the thread and post a few cars that I think are "underappreciated", at least. None are insane performers, but they're all neat and obscure, and for their respective times, all were pretty decent.

(I'm keeping mine to USDM only, as if you go into Godzirra land, there's just no end of wacky obscure vehicles)

1.) Subaru RX. Rare as all hell, 1.8L turbo AWD liftback coupe. I've never been able to find a clean one, I'd love to put an EJ20 into one:

2.) First-gen MX-6 GT Turbo. FWD and doesn't have tons of horsepower, but the engine is pretty stout and I think they look badass. This is my friend Caleb's "new" car:

3.) 1st Generation Datsun Maxima. FR, L28-powered, available 5spd, et cetera. Basically an infinitely cooler Cressida and IMO the holy grail of USDM boso-build donor cars. I'd love to find a decent one, never even so much as seen one in the flesh:

4.) Swift GTI. Not really fast at all but fun as shit to toss around, a friend of mine in college had one that was INFINITELY more ghetto than the car in this picture:

5.) Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo. Nothing remarkable about it other than it looks wonky, it's boosted, and no one's ever heard of it. I'd still sort of like to mess around with one though, but I've never seen one in person, only on eBay and the like:

Lots of others *could* make the list, but they're all too well-known, IMO (i.e. S110 200sx, 22RE Celica RWD, Subu XT Turbo, etc)
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: Underrated Autos

my buddy is building up a dodge raider(for trail driving and mudding)

apparently supposed to be fairly rare, and there wasnt alot imported