Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Tweed

Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Tweed

Originally Posted by B-Well
stretched seats, dope
Well, I meant the fabric...

Iroc seats w/ headrests removed, repadded and recovered in black "pleather" (dude called it somethin else, lante' or some shit) and perforated black "pleather" w/ black stitching... I told him to use blue stitchin and piping to match my interior but, I got em for free, can't complain and they bolted right up to my stock seat mounts...

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The headliner will probably be really cheap to get done, especially if you bring it to them disassembled. Trust me, it's worth it to use the right adhesive. If you want to DIY, buy a cheap spray gun with a big tip/cap and track down some of that adhesive. I've only ever used it out of 5-gallon barrels, so I'm not sure what sizes are available. There is an upholstery supply shop on..... fuck.. what's the name of the road with all the commercial stuff right down the street from Custom Car Care, somewhere in the neighborhood of Tim's Custom Painting I think. Anyway, I think that's where the adhesive came from, and they have a big selection of plastic panel fasteners too from what I remember.
Thanks for the advice! I'll try to track some of that down... I wonder if I could just get a quart or somethin from like a hobby shop?

This task most likely won't be performed until it gets warmer and I can let the fabric and parts set in the sun to get warm... Another thing I need to get is a heat gun... When I did the tweed in the truck it was kinda chilly out and I didn't have a gun to stretch the material... Tweed isn't the easiest to work w/...
Old 12-10-2009, 08:58 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
There is an upholstery supply shop on..... fuck..
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's on a side street off of 17 I think, opposite side of the road as CCC. It's been years though...
Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
You are seriously asking Drag about whether Tweed will look good?

you put up a pic of a freakin zebra print headliner!
I liked it, fits right in with my Zebra Striped Speedo.