Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Tweed

Old 12-10-2009, 08:00 AM
FS/Dope Status troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER
Default Re: Tweed

imo not dope but door inserts and headliner (only) arent too shameful.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Attachment 75279

Attachment 75280
Old 12-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by SingleCamSaver
imo not dope but door inserts and headliner (only) arent too shameful.
Tweed is too heavy for headliner...

Originally Posted by BBYEvo8
That doesn't look too bad... I usually don't like when people go all out on tweed... But I'll keep it tasteful and do minor things...
Old 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Thinking about it i dont think she had her headliner in tweed i cant remember lol
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Tweed is fine for a headliner if you use proper adhesive, meaning NOT something that comes in a spray can. Upholstery adhesive applied with a spray gun is very, very strong.

Black tweed usually looks tasteful no matter what. Black tweed is subtle enough that it doesn't stand out but adds some texture. Most other tweed colors make it look like someone went customizing crazy without thinking about what they're doing. People usually think "Hey, look... plastic panels! I'll wrap some/all of them in tweed!", and then it looks like a completely non-cohesive pile of shit. Or it looks like the interior is only a few leather elbow patches away from being your Dad's old sport coat.

I'm not usually a tweed fan, but that's just my personal aesthetic preference.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Or it looks like the interior is only a few leather elbow patches away from being your Dad's old sport coat.

LOL!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

You are seriously asking Drag about whether Tweed will look good?

you put up a pic of a freakin zebra print headliner!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Tweed is fine for a headliner if you use proper adhesive, meaning NOT something that comes in a spray can. Upholstery adhesive applied with a spray gun is very, very strong.

Black tweed usually looks tasteful no matter what. Black tweed is subtle enough that it doesn't stand out but adds some texture. Most other tweed colors make it look like someone went customizing crazy without thinking about what they're doing. People usually think "Hey, look... plastic panels! I'll wrap some/all of them in tweed!", and then it looks like a completely non-cohesive pile of shit. Or it looks like the interior is only a few leather elbow patches away from being your Dad's old sport coat.

I'm not usually a tweed fan, but that's just my personal aesthetic preference.
I may look into that adhesive or possibly get an upholstery shop to do my headliner... I'm just a big DIY'er... But I do plan on keeping it tasteful... I'm not going to go all out and cover everything...

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
You are seriously asking Drag about whether Tweed will look good?

you put up a pic of a freakin zebra print headliner!
Yea, I am... And I got a lot of positive responses... Is that wrong?

Whats wrong w/ my zebra print? I got a lot of positive feedback on that too while I owned the truck that it was in...
Old 12-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello

Seats before they got stretched...
stretched seats, dope
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The headliner will probably be really cheap to get done, especially if you bring it to them disassembled. Trust me, it's worth it to use the right adhesive. If you want to DIY, buy a cheap spray gun with a big tip/cap and track down some of that adhesive. I've only ever used it out of 5-gallon barrels, so I'm not sure what sizes are available. There is an upholstery supply shop on..... fuck.. what's the name of the road with all the commercial stuff right down the street from Custom Car Care, somewhere in the neighborhood of Tim's Custom Painting I think. Anyway, I think that's where the adhesive came from, and they have a big selection of plastic panel fasteners too from what I remember.

Quick Reply: Tweed