Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Tread Quarters on Virginia Beach blvd

Old 08-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Just a little...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B16Rick has disabled reputation
Thumbs down Tread Quarters on Virginia Beach blvd

this place is crap, anyone that needs work done such as mounting/balancing tires on rims that they care about, I advise you not to go here. I just wanted 2 tires to be put on rims, the people there are careless (4 different people had thier input) while dismounting the tires, they severely scratched my rims as I sat there and watched. The guy realized this quickly and tried to hide it from me. When he finished he said here ya go, I pointed out the scratches and asked what the fuck? they all replied, " well that machine scratches rims sometimes and theres nothing we can do." The manager of the store asked me if it was a "show car" because if it wasnt then i shouldnt care about my brand new flawless rims being scratched all to hell. Im going to speak to the general manager tomorrow, but be careful you guys.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tread Quarters on Virginia Beach blvd

LOL. Dont let me tell you about my story here at the Newport News Tread Quarters. Your lucky. My entire wheel came almost completly off my car. If I had driven another 10 feet I would have been driving on the rotors. Fortunatly my friends were able to bail me out. New wheel and spindle.. Sent them a bill for $300 plus one wheel and they made good on it. Don't give up though or they will just roll over you.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Just a little...

yeah, lol. Im not letting them get me on this, but it still sucks to see how someone can have no sympathy when they ruin something that you just bought (rims aren't cheap). o well ill tell yall what happens tomorrow lol
Old 08-06-2004, 05:10 AM
Registered Member

-GoKart- will become famous soon enough

The one at Janaf?
Old 08-06-2004, 11:51 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

one hampton is shit as well. avoid at all costs
Old 08-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Just a little...

Originally Posted by N2O MX-5
The one at Janaf?
nah the one on the blvd and great neck
Old 08-08-2004, 04:01 AM
Registered Member

miahmouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by B16Rick
nah the one on the blvd and great neck
I went there to get an alignment and they quoted me double the price cause my car was lowered.....wtf
Old 08-08-2004, 10:30 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

you TOO!!! hampton charged me half more cause truck was lowered
Old 08-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

ramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to behold

yeah they do suck i went there to get 4 tires mounted on my wifes car and when i drove off i heard something banging under the car i got out to look and they had mounted the wrong weight onto the car had to go back and have them do it again and now the car shakes at 60 mph wasnt doing that at first got it redone again at merchants and everything is cool
Old 08-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

That should be the last place you should let an independent store touch your wheels. I use to work there at holland rd. ha! we told every person that brought a 17in or higher rim its not our fault that we scratch them. Most tire installers there are 17-20 yr olds learning how to put them on. im just happy i dont work with them any more. the best thing to do is bring a 17in wheel or higher to a custom wheel shop where there wheel machine is much better than those at the independent shop.