Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

stock 96-98 civic ex tint illegal??

Old 08-23-2005, 03:45 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default stock 96-98 civic ex tint illegal??

yeah so i was pulled over around 8am for having my windows looking too dark

here is the dialog between us:

he says, "your windows are looking a little dark"

me, "thats bullshit!! don't even try that shit with me!! this is a factory honda tint, its stock and 100illegal" i roll up the window and point to where it says HONDA TINT in white at the bottom of my window

the cop, "roll your window down about half way"

so i do and he puts this shit on my window. it says 36.

he looks at me and says, "now this is how it is, in VA the front has to be atleast a 50% in front and your's is a 36% your muffler is illegal too"

me, "thats bullshit, this is the stock tint i didn't fuck with it, and my muffler is DOT aproved, CARB exempt and below the limit of 95decibals"

cop, "imma let you go this time, but if i see your car riding around with those windows again im not going to be so nice"

me (thinking not saying) "wtf?? do i take my windows out??"

yeah sooo that was rediculous, but it says HONDA FACTORY TINT in white on the window, and yeah.....

i bought it in Washington State..... do they tint the windows differantly from state to state on the same car??
Old 08-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: stock 96-98 civic ex tint illegal??

American Honda Motors does not tint any front windows on any of their vehicles.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Typically auto manufacturers don't tint the front windows on their vehicles. They do tint the rear windows however as an option.

And btw, 95 decibels and CARB don't mean jack outside the state of California. 95 dB law is only in effect in California and maybe two other states as a state law, not federal. CARB only has jurisdiction over the State of California.

Ask the officer if he/she knows the Honda Part Number for the OEM muffler. VA law says the muffler has to be comparable to stock muffler. If the officer can't recite the Honda Part Number for the OEM muffler, or can't describe the dimensions and the size of the outlet pipe, then you may have grounds to question the officer's credentials for citing you.

I would advise only challenging him though in court. On the street, be nice, and take the ticket. You're lucky you got off as nicely as you did if you truly cussed while speaking with the officer.

Last edited by Boxer4PSI; 08-23-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:23 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Umm.. If the tint came to 36%, then it it illegal. You should have 50% on your front two, and the officer has to give a coupe of % because of how the meters can be off, and the stock tint of the glass.

Honda did not tint the windows from the factory, on ANY 96-98 Civic.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:41 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

My guess is you probably didnt say fuck or bullshit once to the officer.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 PM

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

yeah i did say all that...... and then a few days later something similar happened and i did the same thing and wound up in handcuffs and in the back of the car as the fuckhead of a cop hit on my friend's mom and wouldn't let them get me for the curfew violation and stuff...... williamsburg is gay.

but yeah the tint is stock, it says in white letters honda tint just like on my dad's odessy. i never tinted it and i don't think the previous owner did either because the car was completely stock except the CD player
Old 08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Haaahhhh.

NighthawkSI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shy_guy98ex
i never tinted it and i don't think the previous owner did either because the car was completely stock except the CD player
well theres a difference between "dont think" and "positive". the previous owner could have tinted it and told you it was stock.

and gj using those really creative words with police. seriously, that will definately get you out of a ticket.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

i highly doubt u said that to the officer, if you had, you prolly would be in jail for not being civil...
Old 08-24-2005, 04:54 PM

i did say that to the cop both times, the first time i got out of the ticket and the second time i got put in handcuff and a police car, but neither time could i have been arested, that's why i wasn't charged with anything. i directed what i said to the situation and not the officer, so it wasn't assault. ................but yeah my damn window says HONDA TINT!!! SO WTF?!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

all honda windows say that. i have a 98 coupe and mine say that to...just got them tinted though. just keep your 2 font windows down next time and they wont no. and also about the exhaust law, any modification to the exhaust system is illegal.

Quick Reply: stock 96-98 civic ex tint illegal??