Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

still making boost, but the power is not transferring

Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
troy2003 has disabled reputation
Default still making boost, but the power is not transferring

Ok, my car boosts 10 to 11 pounds like it always has...always pulled super hard. Well here lately I am still producing the same boost levels, but the car just spools and doesn't really pull. I'm throwing a code for a rich condition and o2 sensor out of limits, I sprayed maf with maf cleaner two months ago and the car pulled like crazy all over again but it seems to be happening again...this time I found a vacuum leak and capped it off, and the, I guess "boost lag" is happening again, but it can't be lag cause I never feel the power it just boosts but doesn't pull...I can't think of everything else, bit I am changing the oil, and I suspect an exhaust leak and I am changing the oil tomorrow and plugging the secondary o2 housing that I think is now missing a plug...just not sure if that could be the cause of such a big issue...also afr tends to fluctuate quite a bit, but it was tuned by shawn at ramey and the tune was a solid tune never any issues till the past 6 months so I'm just trying to corner the issue and get it fixed. Any info anyone needs from me to help, just ask, I can answer any questions about what has been done to the car, what I'm running ect...
Old 01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: still making boost, but the power is not transferring

leak
Old 01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

Originally Posted by troy2003
Ok, my car boosts 10 to 11 pounds like it always has...always pulled super hard. Well here lately I am still producing the same boost levels, but the car just spools and doesn't really pull. I'm throwing a code for a rich condition and o2 sensor out of limits, I sprayed maf with maf cleaner two months ago and the car pulled like crazy all over again but it seems to be happening again...this time I found a vacuum leak and capped it off, and the, I guess "boost lag" is happening again, but it can't be lag cause I never feel the power it just boosts but doesn't pull...I can't think of everything else, bit I am changing the oil, and I suspect an exhaust leak and I am changing the oil tomorrow and plugging the secondary o2 housing that I think is now missing a plug...just not sure if that could be the cause of such a big issue...also afr tends to fluctuate quite a bit, but it was tuned by shawn at ramey and the tune was a solid tune never any issues till the past 6 months so I'm just trying to corner the issue and get it fixed. Any info anyone needs from me to help, just ask, I can answer any questions about what has been done to the car, what I'm running ect...
how about you start with what kind of car.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered member

It's an 07 tc running 60 trim td04, tial 44mm gate, 550cc inj, return fuel system, walbro 255, on aem fic
Old 01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Wow...you have provided us exactly fuck all good information.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
leak
All vacuum lines and couplers will be double checked again tomorrow, this only seems to happen when I hit 8 pounds and up, hoping maybe as simple as a cracked coupler and when I hit boost it flexes open....but that's in a perfect world.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

im_a_JdM_FruiT has disabled reputation

what was the ambient temp when you had your tune? a 40 degree drop could alter many things.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by troy2003
All vacuum lines and couplers will be double checked again tomorrow, this only seems to happen when I hit 8 pounds and up, hoping maybe as simple as a cracked coupler and when I hit boost it flexes open....but that's in a perfect world.
WELL, lets all gather around and sing kumbyah, and shit will work perfectly, won't it?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by im_a_JdM_FruiT
what was the ambient temp when you had your tune? a 40 degree drop could alter many things.
I'm pretty sure it was 60's when he tuned it, but it happens when temp is in 40 or 50's as well.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally Posted by im_a_JdM_FruiT
you are a fruit.

Quick Reply: still making boost, but the power is not transferring