Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

STi almost here :)

Old 05-08-2003, 08:04 AM
I'm not into cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reXer has disabled reputation

Well C&D sucks... from what I know right now, the STi is better. I really need to take the engine apart or talk to someone who does before I can really say the STi is a great car. Just because the 2.0L version of the STi motor is built very strong, I'm not sure if they built the 2.5L. There is a small possibility that FHI just used a refurbished version of the current 2.5L engine since they are only making 230-240whp stock. Only time will tell how good it is. I personally wouldn't buy it the first year just in case.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:38 AM
rotary desu ne!?

DomokunSPL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uh

who would? it wouldn't make any sence. the entire internals are all forged. it has a closed deck block unlinke the wrx which is open deck liek honda's. rumor has it its pretty much a beefed up legecy? motor from japan. which is a turbo 2.5. C&D is trash. how is somethign thats faster in everyway and has a better interior (can't fuck with the seats) worst then the car that was slower with a cheaper one? could we say politics?
Old 05-08-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation
Default Re: uh

Originally posted by DomokunSPL
it has a closed deck block unlinke the wrx which is open deck like honda's.
Well just because it is an STi doesn't mean the block is fully closed. Only one STi engine that I know of came fully closed. I think it is version 3 or 4. The liberty block is 2.2L and only semi-closed as well. No one knows what the internals of this car are like except FHI... so how you are completey sure about all these facts is beyond me. I'd be willing to bet you $20 that the 2.5L STi engine is not fully closed.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:35 PM
rotary desu ne!?

DomokunSPL is an unknown quantity at this point

nah as i stated earlier i'm note sure about the internals. but i will always prefer a boxer engine cuz i grew up around porsches . the Boxer can never loose!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

another thing about the STI, Mike, why is it only running 15psi? safety

That setup on pump gas on the street is easily 19psi, that'll make up for those 2tenths fellas (and btw 19 is what the EVO was boosting)
Old 05-08-2003, 03:52 PM
aus deutschland

Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen
Default edit...

ignore this one
Old 05-08-2003, 03:53 PM
aus deutschland

Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 91PGT2.2LTurbo
[B]im trading in my probe for one

yeah...i wish...the best thing i could prolly trade my probe in for is a USED DILDO and 25 cents... Run's good though so im happy with it
Old 05-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

all I can say is that we'll see when they come out. All the magazines are posting different times with the cars. SCC says that they don't change the #'s at all. Its just raw data. I got the new magazine today and it has test drives of both cars. The cost will be the determning factor IMO. The evo will be much cheaper, especially since you have to buy a head unit and speakers just to listen to some tunes. (stock radios usually suck any ways)
Old 05-08-2003, 04:45 PM
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

so faster steering = better sti?

hhmmmmmm

oh, the article on the carerra was dope, first time i ever bought a C&D, i think its time for a subscription
Old 05-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

i like C&D and they've come down alot with their reviews. Usually it's 60k+ luxury cars and euro rockets. but now they're getting a bit more grass roots. motortrend is just as good imo. SCC is probably the best publication for the dragva community as a whole.

Quick Reply: STi almost here :)