Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

State inspection?

Old 09-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snozepp147 has disabled reputation
Default State inspection?

i have to get a state inspection in october. one problem..i put in a new high flow cat and my CEL came on. so i got an o2 simulator which makes the CEL go off. i doubt the o2 simulator fixed the emisions. the CEL was for malfunctioning cat. will i still be able to pass emissions in the inspection with a high flow cat and greddy evo exhaust system?
Old 09-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean
Default Re: State inspection?

i dont think virginia does an emissions test so you will be ok, just make sure the CEL is off when you get it inspected..ive past with hks exhaust the last 2 years so youll be fine
Old 09-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

The Va State inspection does not require emissions. If you live south of Fredericksburg, you do not have to do them. I get asked that alot at our shop. Emissions are every 2 years if i recall.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

ok so the o2 sensor is good....also i just got some VHT nite-shades black tinting tail light spray. it says "this product is for off-road use only" but everything says that. If i tint my tail lights black will that pass state inspection. The lights still shine through the tint because thats what it was made for.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:28 PM

PoisonSVT is an unknown quantity at this point

and they cant fail you for a CEL, it doesnt make a difference if it is on or not, or for whatever reason.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Project in the makin

HondaCRXsiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing no matter waht can be covering your head lights or tail lights. if you ahev the money i know some one i can get a inspectins sticker for $50 with out even geting your car inspected
Old 09-20-2004, 06:14 PM

PoisonSVT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HondaCRXsiHatch
if you ahev the money i know some one i can get a inspectins sticker for $50 with out even geting your car inspected
lol

idiot.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:45 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by snozepp147
ok so the o2 sensor is good....also i just got some VHT nite-shades black tinting tail light spray. it says "this product is for off-road use only" but everything says that. If i tint my tail lights black will that pass state inspection. The lights still shine through the tint because thats what it was made for.

not gonna pass. it is a coating or tinting that is not DOT approved. i generally have an erection while writing rejection stickers for things like that. tell someone something, and they think you are joking....nope!!

as for emissions...I think it is three counties in NOVA that require a semiannual emissions inspection and it can fail for a CEL there. but unless you live there, there are no worries.

Originally Posted by HondaCRXsiHatch
if you ahev the money i know some one i can get a inspectins sticker for $50 with out even geting your car inspected
dude, you are a fucking moron for posting that.....
Old 09-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fc735
not gonna pass. it is a coating or tinting that is not DOT approved. i generally have an erection while writing rejection stickers for things like that. tell someone something, and they think you are joking....nope!!

as for emissions...I think it is three counties in NOVA that require a semiannual emissions inspection and it can fail for a CEL there. but unless you live there, there are no worries.

what? its just like the same as having carbon fiber altezza's or something. the signals shine through perfectly.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Project in the makin

HondaCRXsiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735

i don't realy fucking care so o well

Quick Reply: State inspection?