Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ssautochrome kit?

Old 02-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default ssautochrome kit?

I know that there is mixed reviews on the ebay turbo kits but is there anyone running one of these kits??????? It seems like at first there turbos where comming apart but I have done some research and it seems like they are getting better. I know you get what you pay for but I aint trying to run a 10 sec 1/4 mi.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: ssautochrome kit?

anyone????????????????????
Old 02-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

I heard the turbos are getting better they can be rebuilt with garret internals but the manifolds crack easy. That would be your worst issue i beleive.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
I heard the turbos are getting better they can be rebuilt with garret internals but the manifolds crack easy. That would be your worst issue i beleive.
thanks man!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

dont get ssac anything. i have had problems with there stuff and they offer absolutly no customer support and will be very very rude to you if you try to get customer support about a shitty part. the turbos dont last long at all so you will need to rebuild it constantly(if it dosnt destroy itself past the point of rebuilding). their manifolds are crap. they use a mild steel flange with stainless tubing so it cracks after a couple weeks of hard driving. they reinforce their manis now with little bits of metal welded on but this only makes it last a little longer. when it does crack they will usually not let you return it and will not give refunds. i nearly had to take them to court in the past to get a refund for a manifold that was made wrong and didnt even fit the motor.
ssac crap i have used and not liked
ca18det manifold (the worst one)
sr20de header and j pipe
intercooler (shitty core that dosnt disipate heat at all and just adds 60 lbs to the nose of your car.)
ic pipeing (fit ok but low quality couplers and poorly formed ends)
have talked to about 5 people who have had their turbos fail.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

Never used their turbo's (and wouldn't) but have had success with their TMIC. HUGE core and works as well as those 800$ brand name units.

-Fred
Old 02-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Banned

thanks for the input guys
Old 02-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Lay Low

Elhazzja has disabled reputation

i've known acouple people who have had the exhaust from them and it was on but wouldn't buy anything else from them......
Old 02-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Registered Member

Jamie Q. is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I'll add a little more. I've heard of several cases as well no heat dissipation , as well as exhaust manifold being too thin. The manifold tear themselves to pieces from the heat stress. I'm guessing they failed at wrong time.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

Just save up and buy stuff that ISN'T garbage...

Some ebay stuff is ok...like an exhaust. But even then, don't expect perfect fitment...

Quick Reply: ssautochrome kit?