Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Speeding...?! why no officer..

Old 12-30-2003, 09:26 AM
BRB, shark week.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible
Default Speeding...?! why no officer..

Alright, here’s my story and I'm sticking too it:

So I’m headed down 58W on the way to visit a friend in good ol’ South Hill. I’m going about 70mph which is slightly above the speed that normal traffic is going (normal traffic is going about 65 or so). I look in my mirror and I see a very large lifted up, redneck pickup truck. I mean this thing was complete. He had the big chrome bars with lights, the wench in the front, the mesh tailgate, the front bumper bars. It looked pretty damn good though. Anyways, he is driving pretty damn fast, I’d say about 80. I watched him serve in and out of traffic behind me. Then, he finally got beside me and then changed lanes and got in front of me. Then we hit a really wide turn, next thing I know the guy in the truck slams on his breaks to slow down to about 60mph and I have to break pretty hard to stop myself from ending up in his rear bumper. Then, the next thing I know we pass by a cop. The cop pulls out and gets behind me and points to the side of the road (as if telling me to pull over). He pulls the truck over too. He says, “I pulled you over for following to closely, and I clocked the fellow behind you doing 79; therefore, I have to assume that you were traveling at the same speed.” I said, “No sir, I didn’t end up right behind him until after he cut me off and slammed on his breaks when he saw you.”

imo, complete bullshit. I’ll take it to court... Hopefully I’ll win against this redneck sheriff.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:33 AM
dedicated father!!!

jbanach77 is an unknown quantity at this point

man police have no brains when it comes to traffic officals. we were going up to new york for a fund raiser for my daughter, and the cop said we were doing 85 when we passed him. we were decelerating to get on a of ramp for a rest area cause my friends son was crying. the cop also gave the other car with us a ticket for having something hanging from his rear view mirror. the cop was a young jerkoff trying to be tought flexing his authourity.

i hope you do get off man!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:43 AM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

i just got pulled in ct on my vacation. i was following my friend to the movies and we were running late so we stepped up the speed a little. cop pulled us both and started spitting off some fast and furious bullshit. i didn't have my papers in the car so he starts telling me im pissing him off and he's gonna tow me and shit. needless to say im home now and have a 465 dollar ticket due on the 30th of jan. fucking fag.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:19 AM
dedicated father!!!

jbanach77 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think that is the highest ticket amount i have ever heard of. that is rediculous!!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

He had the big chrome bars with lights, the wench in the front, the mesh tailgate,
She must have not liked riding up there...lol. I think you mean winch. Sorry thought that was pretty funny.

We now return you to the current thread already in progress...
Old 12-30-2003, 12:55 PM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

yeah tell me about it. i was expecting somewhere around 200-300. he wrote me for the speeding (85 in 65 = 290 something) no reg in the car (90 something) and no proof of insurance in the car (90 something) which i thought was bullshit cause i didn't even think u were required to carry that card in va. then he tells me he used to live here and im lying and shit. i wanted to tell him how happy i was he lived in ct now. i was trying to be polite and everything. the first thing out of his mouth when i roll my window down was that i was racing. then that fast and furious shit. it was hard not to laugh. didnt feel like watching the movie anymore either. what a shitty ass vacation.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

JNasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speeding...?! why no officer..

Originally posted by Jestible
Alright, here’s my story and I'm sticking too it:

So I’m headed down 58W on the way to visit a friend in good ol’ South Hill. I’m going about 70mph which is slightly above the speed that normal traffic is going (normal traffic is going about 65 or so). I look in my mirror and I see a very large lifted up, redneck pickup truck. I mean this thing was complete. He had the big chrome bars with lights, the wench in the front, the mesh tailgate, the front bumper bars. It looked pretty damn good though. Anyways, he is driving pretty damn fast, I’d say about 80. I watched him serve in and out of traffic behind me. Then, he finally got beside me and then changed lanes and got in front of me. Then we hit a really wide turn, next thing I know the guy in the truck slams on his breaks to slow down to about 60mph and I have to break pretty hard to stop myself from ending up in his rear bumper. Then, the next thing I know we pass by a cop. The cop pulls out and gets behind me and points to the side of the road (as if telling me to pull over). He pulls the truck over too. He says, “I pulled you over for following to closely, and I clocked the fellow behind you doing 79; therefore, I have to assume that you were traveling at the same speed.” I said, “No sir, I didn’t end up right behind him until after he cut me off and slammed on his breaks when he saw you.”

imo, complete bullshit. I’ll take it to court... Hopefully I’ll win against this redneck sheriff.
Let me guess this was around emporia? My friend got pulled there and the cop pulled three of us over in a row, he pulled up beside each car and pointed for them to pull over. Now I always set my cruise control in that area for the exact speed limit. Ridiculous.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:18 AM
BRB, shark week.

Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible

Yup, right out of Emporia. Probably the same cop. I wish my car had cruise control, if I did this probably would have never happened. :/
Old 01-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Not_Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hart-n-Sol
i didn't even think u were required to carry that card in va. then he tells me he used to live here and im lying and shit.
In '99 some cops were checking everyone in front of Green High School for Registration and Insurance. Unfortunately I didn't an Insurance card on me, so I had to go to court. I had my Dad mail me my Insurance Info, went to court, judge let me go. The next day I sold the toyota pickup to my uncle and left for Germany for 2 years.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Banned

Colt63t is an unknown quantity at this point

respect my athoratie

Last edited by Colt63t; 01-02-2004 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Speeding...?! why no officer..