Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So I got a ticket...

Old 09-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Jive Turkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM
Default Re: So I got a ticket...

did this happen passing the on ramp from 95? I see staties there all the time, not a good place to speed. That beign said I see people regularly going 75-85 on that stretch of 495, even though the speed limit can be as low as 45mph sometimes so maybe youll get some leniency?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

This is what you do. Right now.. sign up for a driver improvement coarse. I am not sure about your driving record, but if you haven't had a ticket in about 4 or 5 years.. get a print out of that and take it with you. (they do not always look, so if you have a good record it will be better if you can prove it. No judge will go out of his way.)

Next, Go to a reputable place and get your car calibrated. See if you can borrrow some bigger tires from a friend or something... this will throw of the calibration just a little more in your favor. You only need a couple miles per hour to knock it down to speeding. (possibly get the charge reduced to defective equipment).

Try to talk to the officer before court... show him what you have done and see what he says. Sometimes that works in your favor.

Go in front of the judge and either plead... "Not Guilty" or "No Contest" but would like to make a statement. No contest is not an admission of guilt... It just means that you are not going to argue or dispute what the officer has to say. In other words... yes you were speeding... did you know you were speeding.. No you didn't because your calibration was off. Be apologetic and sincere. Tell him that you thought you were going with the speed of traffic. That your foot may have gotten a little heavy and you apologize and will pay more attention to be sure that it does not happen again.

If everything that you say and do falls onto deaf ears. Walk out of the court room and walk straight over and appeal it. When it goes to appeals court... You will get to talk to the state attorney and he will usually strike up a deal... more than likely.. they will drop it to "improper driving" or "defective equipment". If you have any questions.. hit me up in a PM or something and good luck

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 09-05-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
This is what you do. Right now.. sign up for a driver improvement coarse. I am not sure about your driving record, but if you haven't had a ticket in about 4 or 5 years.. get a print out of that and take it with you. (they do not always look, so if you have a good record it will be better if you can prove it. No judge will go out of his way.)

Next, Go to a reputable place and get your car calibrated. See if you can borrrow some bigger tires from a friend or something... this will throw of the calibration just a little more in your favor. You only need a couple miles per hour to knock it down to speeding. (possibly get the charge reduced to defective equipment).

Try to talk to the officer before court... show him what you have done and see what he says. Sometimes that works in your favor.

Go in front of the judge and either plead... "Not Guilty" or "No Contest" but would like to make a statement. No contest is not an admission of guilt... It just means that you are not going to argue or dispute what the officer has to say. In other words... yes you were speeding... did you know you were speeding.. No you didn't because your calibration was off. Be apologetic and sincere. Tell him that you thought you were going with the speed of traffic. That your foot may have gotten a little heavy and you apologize and will pay more attention to be sure that it does not happen again.

If everything that you say and do falls onto deaf ears. Walk out of the court room and walk straight over and appeal it. When it goes to appeals court... You will get to talk to the state attorney and he will usually strike up a deal... more than likely.. they will drop it to "improper driving" or "defective equipment". If you have any questions.. hit me up in a PM or something and good luck
Best advice that will be written.

And I applaud you for admitting fault to your speeding and not saying "The pigs were out to get me, fucking popo."

Good luck.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

KPVal757 has disabled reputation

i got a 95 in 55....in chesapeake...go into court CLEAN CUT. DRESS UP..judges like that shit... maybe your recuiter to speak on your behalf.

i got mine reduce to speedin..25 hrs of community service. and 200 dollar fine.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Boredinva05 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by awd4lyfe
honestly none of that matters, you were speeding and the cop caught you. if you want it reduced or possible get probation, get an attorney take a driving course and have your car calibrated. Even if its off a mile or two it will look good for you.
The only problem with this is I have $0 right now. That's one of the reasons I'm going in the Air Force.

Thanks for the tips, I'm going to see what I can manage. Like I said, I have zero money right now so it's a little hard. I'm going to see if my recruiter will come in and speak at my court date or at least put in a good word or something. I'm going to try to get in touch with the officer who issued the ticket and maybe see what I can do on that end of things. If all else fails hopefully the looking clean cut and decent when I go to court does me some good.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

have your recruiter pay for your lawyer, they make gobs of money in the Air Patrol
Old 09-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Stuck on I-66

TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot

This needs to be a sticky.

and the next person to wonder wtf to do other than take it in the ass over doing more than 20 miles per hour over the speed limit needs to be farted on.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

A letter from your church or a community outreach program like boy Scouts or something saying you have donated time to help them will go a long way as well.

WEAR A SUIT!!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
have your recruiter pay for your lawyer, they make gobs of money in the Air Patrol
Hilarious!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Boredinva05 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
You obviously haven't looked at our pay tables. We don't make that much cash to tell the truth. Its Air Force not Air Patrol, I don't know if the CAP guys get paid but I doubt its much if they do.

Quick Reply: So I got a ticket...