Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So I got a ticket...

Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boredinva05 has disabled reputation
Default So I got a ticket...

I got pulled over by a statie today and he snagged me for doing 77 in a 55. Wrote me a reckless driving ticket, which I took without any gripes or complaints in hopes that he would maybe show some compassion and give me a break of a couple miles per hour. Alas this was not the case and I did not catch a break. Now I need to get this taken care of as fast as possible because I'm going to basic training for the Air Force soon. Yes, my recruiter already knows about it as I called her as soon as I got pulled over. What am I looking at as far as fines and punishment go for a reckless ticket? What's the worst that it could possibly be? Is there any way to soften the blow and get this reduced or taken care of without having to actually go to court?

Isn't there a state trooper who is a member on here? If there is and you can someone either put me in touch with him or if he reads it can you get in touch with me?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:59 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: So I got a ticket...

smokeybear
Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Boredinva05
Is there any way to soften the blow and get this reduced or taken care of without having to actually go to court?
No.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:10 PM
according round town

Sam Church has disabled reputation

probably not. if u go to court and talk to the judge u can probably get it reduced to speeding.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1

Maybe take a def driving course before-hand, or at least sign up for one, assuming you don't have a really colorful driving record......You are still gonna have to go, but it may "soften the blow" when you do.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:32 PM
haz hype

it_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond repute

Driving course looks good.

Lawyer will definitely get it reduced if you have the cash.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Where was it? The worst it could be is very very bad (reckless is a C1 misd here), but that is highly unlikely for a 77.

Get an attorney
Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

Boredinva05 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Where was it? The worst it could be is very very bad (reckless is a C1 misd here), but that is highly unlikely for a 77.

Get an attorney
495 in Alexandria during rush hour. The guy in front of me was tailgating and I didn't want to end up being part of a pile up that shut down 495. So I moved over and sped up to get past him right as I realized that there was a statie in the closed off ramp that had his sights on me with the laser.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

awd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boredinva05
495 in Alexandria during rush hour. The guy in front of me was tailgating and I didn't want to end up being part of a pile up that shut down 495. So I moved over and sped up to get past him right as I realized that there was a statie in the closed off ramp that had his sights on me with the laser.
honestly none of that matters, you were speeding and the cop caught you. if you want it reduced or possible get probation, get an attorney take a driving course and have your car calibrated. Even if its off a mile or two it will look good for you.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:17 AM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Yeah, I'd go to court... I drove from Williamsburg to DC yesterday (Friday) and since its Labor Day weekend, cops are out in full force. I probably saw the most people ever pulled over within a 1 mile peace of highway yesterday... I saw like 7 people pulled within a mile all by state troopers.

Quick Reply: So I got a ticket...