Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

scion tc

Old 08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
jarnett photography

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei
Default Re: scion tc

Originally Posted by koreandragn
If someones got the money to turbo a tC(let's not forget supporting mods and possibly building the engine), than 3grand shouldn't be to much an issue Anyways, isn't the supposed SC option for em that could possibly come out 1 day like a 4,000 dollar option?

true- but the person in question does not WANT to turbo the car, so in his case this car may be good for him...the SC is pointless, doesn't add enough hp to be worth 4gs, and besides its been put off and delayed so much I don't even know if it's coming out anymore...

regardless, the tc is not slow and responds really well to aftermarket upgrades should that be what the owner chooses to do- yes for 3gs more you could have a faster car from the box, but some people prefer to do everything from the ground up, and some people prefer looks over functionality so its all personal preference... the tc would be a really fun turboed car, but as you said, for the money you could get something already turboed or something older w/ lots of upgrades, which is what I am going back to... there just isnt enough "proven" turbo stuff out there on the tc yet-jotechs 533whp one is promising, but that thing is so built its beyond any "normal" person's capable means
Old 08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
*~*Jessica*~*

Cosmopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, not an S13/14. I only compare 'new' car prices. If I wanted to buy a fast used car, would probably buy an LS1 over anything :P I'll give the tC looks good...that's about it...
There's no point in buying a "new" car if you are going to mod it, though. I mean, most warranties don't cover non-factory modifications and the reason I think most people get a new car is because they want the warranty.

^^^^
blaxican
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by akalei
well I raced a DA teg with a modded B16 and definitely took him easily, so maybe the person in the Tc couldn't drive?? It was a friend of mine so I know he was trying and he was really embarrassed that he got beat by a girl w/ a stock car.... they aren't the quickest, but a DX hatch shouldn't be able to touch it
Maybe you know how to handle the stick a little better than he does? Don't front a DX hatch, they rule your world.

And I would get an SRT-4 over a Scion Tc...eventhough I don't believe the prices b/n the two are similar at all....
Old 08-16-2005, 11:15 AM
jarnett photography

Originally Posted by Cosmopolitan
There's no point in buying a "new" car if you are going to mod it, though. I mean, most warranties don't cover non-factory modifications and the reason I think most people get a new car is because they want the warranty.

^^^^
blaxican

true, that was my original plan when I bought the Tc but now that plan has changed so I know its better to sell it and mod something used vs. voided my warranty now
Old 08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
jarnett photography

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Maybe you know how to handle the stick a little better than he does? Don't front a DX hatch, they rule your world.

And I would get an SRT-4 over a Scion Tc...eventhough I don't believe the prices b/n the two are similar at all....

hahahaha

and I agree, comparing the two is pointless they aren't in the same financial range really imo....however, I would still take the Tc just b/c I personally dont like the way the SRT looks- its a good car yes and a nasty motor, but its just not my cup of tea
Old 08-16-2005, 12:34 PM

Totmacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cosmopolitan

^^^^
blaxican

I disagree 100% Last 2 vechicles I've toyed with wear both brand new. Warrenties don't cover damage done directly as a result of a aftermarket part. Go read up on the magnamass act (or however you spell it). I've had zero problem getting warrenty work/recalls/service done on my car and thats saying alot. Heck most of the time dealership monkeys jump at the chance to peak under the hood of a new modded out car. As for why people buy new cars? Me I just like the smell ;P
Old 08-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

If you're a fan of all motor, why even look at 4cylinders. Just get an LS1 and be done with it.
because i don't like domestics or v8's. and you don't NEED a v8 to make naturally aspirated power.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by akalei
Chris doesn't seem to WANT a turbo car, so the Tc would be a good option for him
this is exactly the case.
the car i really want is another rsx-s because the styling is great and it has ridiculous potential for n/a power. since those cost about 25k i decided to look into the tc because the styling is as good or better than the rsx and it's hella cheaper. as far as n/a power potential, it doesn't measure up, but i'll deal with it, it's torquey and i like that...
Old 08-16-2005, 04:29 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Torque and FWD don't mix that great...I can vouch for that(from a stop atleast <g>)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:34 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I think they're fucking dope. If I wanted to spend <20k I would buy one of those hands down. I think they're cool as shit.

Quick Reply: scion tc