Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

scion tc

Old 08-14-2005, 06:40 AM
Luxury = Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Default Re: scion tc

they make turbo and SC kits for it already?
Old 08-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Royalty
they make turbo and SC kits for it already?
Indeed, but in 06 some are coming stock with a supercharger. But why do that when you can turbo?

edit: In this one Scion book I have there is a tC w/ a Turbonetics kit, so check their site.

Last edited by KyleVA; 08-14-2005 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Get a supercharged one and then turbo it also. Huge, broad torque curve, power everywhere.. This assumes they have a eaton-type supercharger, not a centrifugal unit. I think we'll start seeing this a lot, especially on factory S/C cars like tC and Cobalt because they're so cheap to start with so people will still be able to afford turbo kits.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Zen
Registered Member

Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen

Don't wait on the s/c...I've been waiting since Aug. '04 when I got the car and the release has been delayed numerous times. BTW it's a centrifugal supercharger built by Vortech. If you're looking for turbo kits check out: Jotech (fully built 600whp tC), ZPI, Dezod, and Scionspeed. Greddy and Turbonetics is still in the works. The tC has alot of potential and starting to get alot of aftermarket backing. The motor is capable of pushing over 300whp and 300+ ft lb tq with just 10psi. Check out some of the info. on scionlife.com.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:27 PM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

i had one i took mine back bc of insurance and payment reasons. but all my friends loved it bc it was roomy. kinda slow when your used to boost lol. i looked into boostin the tc and heard lots of people opinions on it. they say the s/c will only add about 40hp and its gonna cost 4k from the dealership. they are a nice car and if i didnt have tickets i would be rocking one right now
Old 08-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

the thing i'm most worried about with tc's is that i'm a much bigger fan of natural aspiration than forced induction so it's not looking like such a great car for me if the way to make power with them is f.i.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:11 AM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poizensol
The motor is capable of pushing over 300whp and 300+ ft lb tq with just 10psi.
I got one in a magazine on 8psi and it's looking @ 320whp.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:48 AM
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

Well you guys all know about mine, and Chris we talked, so you know my opinion, seriously feel free to ask me any questions anytime. Basically the car is amazing for the price... the only complaints I've had about the car are that about 3 months after I got it, the "all season" floor mats got a hole in the drivers side from where my stilletoes dug in, but I took it back and got a brand new set for free, I think my set was just bad b/c these are still perfect The sunroof is awesome, the car gets looks all the time and everyday I'm getting asked questions- I have to say it's pretty flattering when older people in benzes adn bmwers are stopping me at stoplights asking about the car- its especially fun when I tell them how much I got it for

Overall, I think for the price it really can't be beat- its got a great backing from the industry, its obviously capable of producing big hp numbers, and it looks good doing it...

someone said something about the doors- we joke that they are my "gullwings" the doors are huge haha but the car really is roomy inside and the interior is really classy, more lexus-looking than toyota or scion....

just my 2 cents, but iam biased
Old 08-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

chris, just buy her car :P
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 AM
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
chris, just buy her car :P

Thats what I'm saying!! Lol- nah he knows it's all his if he wants her, I know she'd be taken good car of

Quick Reply: scion tc