VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   S2K beat in hp/liter production engine = SSC AERO (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/s2k-beat-hp-liter-production-engine-%3D-ssc-aero-71453/)

Nic 11-11-2004 07:46 PM

Re: S2K beat in hp/liter production engine = SSC AERO

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
They dont do well in a crash and on top of that there ulgy. So go :fu: with the smart ass comment

uhh...you drive a Honda, you have NO ROOM to talk about any other car not holding up well in a crash. Please, for your own sake, just stop posting. That hole you're digging yourself into isn't getting any smaller.

Brian T 11-11-2004 07:47 PM

Well for one, my car's not stock and give me any road that has curves and I'll show you how much of a heavy ass boat that S2000 really is. And yes, midengine=girl's car. :rolleyes:

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nic
uhh...you drive a Honda, you have NO ROOM to talk about any other car not holding up well in a crash. Please, for your own sake, just stop posting. That hole you're digging yourself into isn't getting any smaller.

UM, I work @ a bodyshop and worked at Honda. The S2K is one of the best Conv in crash tests, yes better then a mustang :rolleyes: You might want to check with the IIHS. The do all of the good crash tests

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T
Well for one, my car's not stock and give me any road that has curves and I'll show you how much of a heavy ass boat that S2000 really is. And yes, midengine=girl's car. :rolleyes:

WOW, its not stock. What do you have a intake? Put a S/C on there and you will get a big 220hp @ THE CRANK!!! The car is ulgy and a joke. They have about 1/2 the power the s2k does from the factory. Ive never seen anyone drive one that didnt have a pussy ora 16 y/o that has never seen one

Brian T 11-11-2004 07:52 PM

Well for one it's turbocharged jackass. Two my car weighs 600lbs less than yours. Given I still don't run 11s, but I'm not trying to drag race my roadster.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 07:55 PM

Well for one it's turbocharged jackass. Two my car weighs 600lbs less than yours. Given I still don't run 11s, but I'm not trying to drag race my roadster.

You want to race and see what a s2k can do at Summit Point? You are underpowered. The susp sucks ass and the ride is as soft as a Cady

Brian T 11-11-2004 07:57 PM

You maybe right about the underpowered part compared to your car, but my suspension soft? Now you're just talking out your ass. Like I said, throw me some curves, I'll walk your car all day.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:00 PM

You maybe right about the underpowered part compared to your car, but my suspension soft? Now you're just talking out your ass. Like I said, throw me some curves, I'll walk your car all day.

Lets put it this way. Ive gone to Skipp Barber Racing, I have my SCCA Lic. and I run Advans. If you are on stock rims then your tires are no bigger then a 10 speed bikes. Let me guess, you have a Auto Stick :D

Flite 11-11-2004 08:01 PM

MR2s DO NOT outhandle S2000s. I don't know where you get that thought from. They're not even in the same league. Hell, the antiquated Miata outhandles MR2s. The fact that your car is mid engined doesn't mean it handles like a Ferrari. Do some research as well, an S2000's engine is located entirely behind the front wheel center point. By definition, an S2000 IS mid-engined as well.

Originally Posted by Nic

Now this conversation has gone on to crash test ratings??? OK, I've seen a few S2000s go upsidedown with the top down and noone was seriously injured. I've also seen a couple go upside down and not even break the windshield. They are VERY well put together cars and I'm willing to bet they do better in crash tests than an Mustang conv. or F-body conv. In fact, S2000s have higher stuctural rigidity than a Mustang hardtop.

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:03 PM

Holy shit Skip Barber? Really!?! OMG you are god. When do you go pro?

And no, I'm not running on stock rims or rubber and no, I clearly have a clutch.

Flite 11-11-2004 08:03 PM

You apparently have no S2000 experiance. As I said above, your car is not even in the same league as an S2000 when the roads turn twisty.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Flite
MR2s DO NOT outhandle S2000s. I don't know where you get that thought from. They're not even in the same league. Hell, the antiquated Miata outhandles MR2s. The fact that your car is mid engined doesn't mean it handles like a Ferrari. Do some research as well, an S2000's engine is located entirely behind the front wheel center point. By definition, an S2000 IS mid-engined as well.

Now this conversation has gone on to crash test ratings??? OK, I've seen a few S2000s go upsidedown with the top down and noone was seriously injured. I've also seen a couple go upside down and not even break the windshield. They are VERY well put together cars and I'm willing to bet they do better in crash tests than an Mustang conv. or F-body conv. In fact, S2000s have higher stuctural rigidity than a Mustang hardtop.

Thank you!!! The s2k meets the same rating in Gov tests as a hard top. The god damn F body, mustang, and the mr2 dont even have roll bars.

Hey Mr MR2. Have you ever been to a real track? No because they wont let your car run with out a Roll Bar

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:09 PM

The s2k also has great lbs disb. Its 49% frt and 51% in the rear. Whats the MR2 30 frt and 70 rear?

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:10 PM

Oh please shutup. A front mid-engine car is a totally different beast than a rear mid-engine. And yes my car does outhandle a S2000. If both our cars have the same rubber, same spring rates, etc, my 600lbs less than you will be the deciding factor not to mention the midengine. We all know how important corner exits are.

I also wonder if you really track all that often. I'm admitedly no road racer, turbos2k, but at least I understand exit speed. You seriously thought from that video that because the S2000 caught up to the Ferrais on entrance that he was out braking and out cornering them? Please. We all know if that was true, he would either cut off the Ferrai's line by out braking them, or would past them in the following straight after a corner if he was out cornering them.

By the way, I have a hardtop.

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:11 PM

The s2k also has great lbs disb. Its 49% frt and 51% in the rear. Whats the MR2 30 frt and 70 rear?

Now I know you're a fucking idiot. Get the fuck out of here and get back to drag racing your Honda and losing to people who spent half the money.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:14 PM

Oh please shutup. A front mid-engine car is a totally different beast than a rear mid-engine. And yes my car does outhandle a S2000. If both our cars have the same rubber, same spring rates, etc, my 600lbs less than you will be the deciding factor not to mention the midengine. We all know how important corner exits are.

I also wonder if you really track all that often. I'm admitedly no road racer, turbos2k, but at least I understand exit speed. You seriously thought from that video that because the S2000 caught up to the Ferrais on entrance that he was out braking and out cornering them? Please. We all know if that was true, he would either cut off the Ferrai's line by out braking them, or would past them in the following straight after a corner if he was out cornering them.

By the way, I have a hardtop.

He did not have the power to catch the ferris. He got them in the turns and when he was braking. Just to let you know most tracks wont let you on because you have a hard top. About that 600lbs, the stock s2k has 2X the power as you. Wheres the 600lbs now?

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:15 PM

Now I know you're a fucking idiot. Get the fuck out of here and get back to drag racing your Honda and losing to people who spent half the money.

What? the s2k is 49frt 51 rear. Do a search before you talk shit

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:16 PM

Who gives a fuck? A stock S2000 does not have 2x the power of MY MR2. And no he didn't get them in the braking and corner. He would have made a pass. You're an idiot.

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:16 PM

What? the s2k is 49frt 51 rear. Do a search before you talk shit

I didn't say it didn't dipshit. I think everyone is well aware of it's "ideal" weight bias.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:17 PM

Who gives a fuck? A stock S2000 does not have 2x the power of MY MR2. And no he didn't get them in the braking and corner. He would have made a pass. You're an idiot.

Your the only one that sees it this way? How much power does a stock MR2 make?

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:19 PM

Your the only one that sees it this way? How much power does a stock MR2 make?

My car's not stock so it doesn't matter what a stock MR2 does. You want to drag race? You'll lay the smack down on me. Good for you. You want to drive down a mountain, you'll get your ass handed to you. I'd be really surprised if you went to Skip Barber. I'd demand a refund if you did. Or go back again. You must have slept behind the wheel.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:21 PM

My car's not stock so it doesn't matter what a stock MR2 does. You want to drag race? You'll lay the smack down on me. Good for you. You want to drive down a mountain, you'll get your ass handed to you. I'd be really surprised if you went to Skip Barber. I'd demand a refund if you did. Or go back again. You must have slept behind the wheel.

We were talking about a stock car,I was? You should talk to somepeople on here that know me and ask how well I can drive. How old are you? 16-18?

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:25 PM

What would age matter to you anyways? No I've been beyond the High School age for some time now. You drive that well? Really? Like I said, I'd be real damn surprised because your brain is obviously fried. Go after that refund man. Skip Barber owes you.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:28 PM

What would age matter to you anyways? No I've been beyond the High School age for some time now. You drive that well? Really? Like I said, I'd be real damn surprised because your brain is obviously fried. Go after that refund man. Skip Barber owes you.

Thats great, you are in a bitch car, you have never been to a real track, and you say I do drugs? So you are 20 and a dumb ass. Take your little car, save up $3k and go to Summit Point and go to skipp barber. and learn how to drive

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:30 PM

Is the MR2 your first car? What did you drive before this?

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-11-2004 08:32 PM

Good night buddy. I have to go to work and fix cars like yours. Most end up in the junk yard. They are not worth shit as soon as you drive off the lot

Brian T 11-11-2004 08:34 PM

Thats great, you are in a bitch car, you have never been to a real track, and you say I do drugs? So you are 20 and a dumb ass. Take your little car, save up $3k and go to Summit Point and go to skipp barber. and learn how to drive

Yeah if you went there, I definitely want to stay away. I'll find some other driver school. By the way, did I mention to get a refund? You got ripped. Or maybe you were just the slow one in the class.

Again what does it matter what I use to drive? You've brought up about everything except what's really at hand here. Your car sucks. You suck at driving it. Go home.

Terry@Fortune 11-11-2004 08:41 PM

I owned a s2000 that was my shop car......what a piece of turbo crap. The motor was torqueless. I hated the handling of the car and snap over steer. Hell I even hated the owners....dont get me started on the car. I owned 4 turbo miata previous to it and I disliked the s2k. Thank god I got rid of it and bought a evo ;)

Only thing s2k has is revs and good looks.....I will smoke it in every other aspect, power, braking, handling ect

Terry@Fortune 11-11-2004 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by chapter8
I owned a s2000 that was my shop car......what a piece of turbo crap. The motor was torqueless. I hated the handling of the car and snap over steer. Hell I even hated the owners....dont get me started on the car. I owned 4 turbo miata previous to it and I disliked the s2k. Thank god I got rid of it and bought a evo ;)

Only thing s2k has is revs and good looks.....I will smoke it in every other aspect, power, braking, handling ect

btw my s2000 had great rubber staggered kinesis wheels, suspension and turbo and I hated the goddamn car....but it did get looks though :D

I enjoyed my turbo miatas more and probably would take a mr2 over an s2k

ClassicJDMCars 11-11-2004 08:48 PM

Thats great, you are in a bitch car

If anyone is in a bitch car it's you... s2k's suck... I've driven several (turbo and non-turbo, makes no diffrence still sux).

you have never been to a real track, Take your little car, save up $3k and go to Summit Point and go to skipp barber. and learn how to drive

So going to "skipp barber" driving school makes you the worlds greatest driver eh? Thats the most ignorant thing I have ever herd. Sure you learn how to drive on a track but driving in the mountians is a lot diffrent (yes, i've driven both).

Jason300zxTT 11-11-2004 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chris4130
If anyone is in a bitch car it's you... s2k's suck... I've driven several (turbo and non-turbo, makes no diffrence still sux).

So going to "skipp barber" driving school makes you the worlds greatest driver eh? Thats the most ignorant thing I have ever herd. Sure you learn how to drive on a track but driving in the mountians is a lot diffrent (yes, i've driven both).

you have no idea what your talking to.... Ive been in this guys car its deff a 11 sec car with a good driver/traction. REAL fast espically for a street/daily driven car. gotta give him some props.

Brian T 11-11-2004 09:09 PM

So is he a drag racer or this badass road racer that he makes him self out to be? :rolleyes: If he actually tracks his car, I'd really be interested in knowing how he keeps it cool lap after lap.

dave22 11-11-2004 09:15 PM

snap over steer

It's called lift-throttle oversteer. It only happens to people who can't drive.

Sorry for interrupting the "your car sucks more than mine" battle.

Please, continue.

ClassicJDMCars 11-11-2004 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jason300zxTT
you have no idea what your talking to.... Ive been in this guys car its deff a 11 sec car with a good driver/traction. REAL fast espically for a street/daily driven car. gotta give him some props.

Yea i must have no clue since I worked for a shop that designed/built/installed turbo kits on s2000's and my boss owned a turbo s2000.. which I drove reguarly. 11 sec car huh? What diff is he using? I'd like to see him launch that car with a stock diff.

dave22 11-11-2004 09:19 PM

Spool? Terry?

ClassicJDMCars 11-11-2004 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by dave22
It's called lift-throttle oversteer. It only happens to people who can't drive.

Or to cars which arn't properly tuned. (ie. stock suspension, or shitty suspension)

ClassicJDMCars 11-11-2004 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by dave22
Spool? Terry?

Yes to both

Brian T 11-11-2004 09:26 PM

Yeah chap8's Terry.

dave22 11-11-2004 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Yes to both

Couple of things here. And I'm not e-thugging, just making some points. So please don't take it wrong.

Terry's car was NOT ideally set up. He had Neuspeed springs on stock shocks. Pretty bad combo. So bad in fact, that Neuspeed discontinued those springs. And while 18x10 Kinesis wheels look nice, they weren't very conducive to proper handling.

Also, I don't think that car was ever tuned properly. The eManage just wasn't sufficient for whatever reason. It wasn't exactly the "pinnacle" of turbo S2000s.

I don't doubt that you've driven other S2000s and hated them. Different tastes I guess. But in the hands of someone who has experience in driving them aggressively it is an extremely capable car in stock form. When people go modding them there are about a million ways you can screw it up and very few ways to get it right.

"Snap oversteer", when you know how to handle it, is nothing more than a little drift before you're on your way again. In the Modena vid posted earlier you can see the driver feed in some pretty aggressive countersteer more than a few times. To an average driver, those would surely be spins.

:)

dave22 11-11-2004 09:36 PM

Yeah chap8's Terry.

Hell I even hated the owners...

You hated us? Ouch. I still listen to the Spool open house mix CD pretty often :D