Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

RX-8?

Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
2doors plus 2.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Wouldn't buy, the magik triangles aren't reliable, also apex seals discover what they are because you're going to need them in the future at some point.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Re: RX-8?

they have a lot of trouble with the coil packs.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by R3born
I haven't owned one before but I've noticed that. My mindset is that I'm going from my 96 to an 04. I love my Benz but this is a pretty nice opportunity. It's going to be my DD so it doesn't have to be crazy powerful, just enough to have some fun from time to time
Definately not a good dd lol. They're not good on gas at all.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Registered member

John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M

have fun if you turn it off when cold. no start lol
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

1. Do not crank it up and shut it off with out letting it run for atleast 10-15 minutes.
2. Gas mileage sucks donkey dick.
3. Best practice is to add 6-8 oz of 2 stroke motor oil, helps with oil consumption/improve gas mileage a little.
4. Keep a spare quart of oil, you will burn about a 1/2 quart of oil every 400 miles or so.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

The RX-8 is actually IMHO a great car (if you got the replacement engine) with a manual transmission, if you understand what's involved in keeping a rotary running.
It is a terrible car with an automatic.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

basically.

Buy it, set it on fire and revel in the glory of ridding the world of 1 more rx-8.

my personal opinion. The fact that you can't start it, than turn it off 5 seconds later and then instantly restart it is just beyond fucking stupid to me. Had a car in the shop that wouldn't start for nearly an hour cause we didn't let it run for 10 minutes.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Registered member

R3born R3born R3born R3born R3born R3born R3born R3born R3born R3born R3born

Originally Posted by marlinspike
The RX-8 is actually IMHO a great car (if you got the replacement engine) with a manual transmission, if you understand what's involved in keeping a rotary running.
It is a terrible car with an automatic.
Unfortunately it is an auto but for the price, I'm not complaining honestly. I've read about the possible flooding issue when you don't let the car warm up before shutting it off but I've also read about how to avoid this so its not a deterrent for me. Gas mileage isn't a huge issue to me, so, not really a deterrent.

Last edited by R3born; 01-29-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

i think my earlier post is a good reason why you should buy the car.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by R3born
Unfortunately it is an auto but for the price, I'm not complaining honestly. I've read about the possible flooding issue when you don't let the car warm up before shutting it off but I've also read about how to avoid this so its not a deterrent for me. Gas mileage isn't a huge issue to me, so, not really a deterrent.
But the auto makes it go from a VERY fun car to drive to a car that is no fun at all.

Quick Reply: RX-8?