Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Rim look-a-likes

Old 07-27-2008, 11:35 AM
TRU
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rim look-a-likes

Originally Posted by WALL-E
Actually buddy, my friend spun out at 75ish and his lip/tire came off the car and the rota slip stream was still bolted on. I fucking guarantee you, a real wheel would not have split like that. And its not just my friends examples, people have all kinds of crazy issues with rims cracking/breaking/etc. I dont look down at anyone, just will advise people to save a little more money,and buy something better.

I compliment cars with fake wheels all the time
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking more about the people on HT/JDMC/etc. that look down on people simply because they rock Rotas. I've seen slipstreams break, but I've also seen GT3's on a car that got hit in the front fender at 60mph stay in more or less one peice. It depends on the wheel and the situation. On a street car, I don't have a problem with "fake" wheels. On a track car, I'm spending the money to stay safe at high speeds
Old 07-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

Originally Posted by WALL-E
Actually buddy, my friend spun out at 75ish and his lip/tire came off the car and the rota slip stream was still bolted on. I fucking guarantee you, a real wheel would not have split like that.
did he hit anything? Did he buy the wheels used? Could have been a lemon. Its not everyday wheels are cracking. You would see that alot more often on forums if that was the case.

Rota's factory in the Philipenes goes through extensive quality control to meet standards. I was told this from a trust worthy source that visited their factory a few years ago.

Last edited by Silverbullet86; 07-27-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:59 PM
1/2 man 1/2 amazing

specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154

i love fake wheels.

if i had real MF8s on my street car instead of my rota c8's i would be super pissed becasue i just curbed the fuck out of them.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

forced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond repute

If they are going on a Camry, then you shouldn't have to worry about anything except what you like.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:19 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by specialblend154
i love fake wheels.

if i had real MF8s on my street car instead of my rota c8's i would be super pissed becasue i just curbed the fuck out of them.
Drive more careful, I'd still be pissed.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I'm very surprised to see that people on this site are giving logical answers to this question. I've been in many discussions about non brand name wheels. There are all kinds of pics of knock off wheels that broke and the guys who think expensive wheels are the only way to go jump all over them. There is never any story behind the pics so what actually happened will never be public. All wheels can fail; in a given situation they could be considered wear items. Slamming pot holes, smacking curbs, or even a small fender bender can stress a wheel and lead to its failure.

For all the guys who talk about forged wheels being stronger here is an SSR Competition failing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jsJzuzhzu6M
They break too.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:56 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by vbspec
I'm very surprised to see that people on this site are giving logical answers to this question. I've been in many discussions about non brand name wheels. There are all kinds of pics of knock off wheels that broke and the guys who think expensive wheels are the only way to go jump all over them. There is never any story behind the pics so what actually happened will never be public. All wheels can fail; in a given situation they could be considered wear items. Slamming pot holes, smacking curbs, or even a small fender bender can stress a wheel and lead to its failure.

For all the guys who talk about forged wheels being stronger here is an SSR Competition failing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jsJzuzhzu6M
They break too.
Damn that shit was knockin bad and broke every damn spoke.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:04 PM
loves quervo

uglyDC2 will become famous soon enough

i agree with fabrik in every aspect but what is everybody thoughts about the guys who run replica wheels with production stickers? ... i.e rota boosts with advan stickers and so on
Old 07-27-2008, 04:19 PM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

ftw!

Originally Posted by uglyDC2
i agree with fabrik in every aspect but what is everybody thoughts about the guys who run replica wheels with production stickers? ... i.e rota boosts with advan stickers and so on

I mean if they arn't real they arnt real... So why bother
Old 07-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Don't try to play them off as something they aren't. Liking the style is one thing, but putting stickers on them to pass them off as something else is just sad. You didn't pay the money for expensive wheels, and you're a fake and a fraud to pretend they are. That's one of the true characteristics of a ricer. Don't be that guy. Be honest about what you have and what you don't.

Quick Reply: Rim look-a-likes