Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Rim look-a-likes

Old 07-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Rim look-a-likes

Other than being fake and a whole lot cheaper, is there any downside to them?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered Member

VaEBP will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rim look-a-likes

weight, and quality...replicas tend to be more heavier and be made with cheaper material
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Other than being fake and a whole lot cheaper, is there any downside to them?
And you still felt the need to make a thread asking about our opinions about "fake" rims?

One reason I dont rock them is, because they are very prone to breaking. Not just a crack or anything, im talking about they are known to just splitting into two-three pieces. Usually caused by wrecks, etc. So yea,

FUCK YOUR FAKE WHEELS.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Troll & Run

Originally Posted by WALL-E
And you still felt the need to make a thread asking about our opinions about "fake" rims?

One reason I dont rock them is, because they are very prone to breaking. Not just a crack or anything, im talking about they are known to just splitting into two-three pieces. Usually caused by wrecks, etc. So yea,

FUCK YOUR FAKE WHEELS.
lol I havent gotten them yet and probably wont, but te37s are expensive as hell haha
Old 07-27-2008, 08:16 AM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

lol I havent gotten them yet and probably wont, but te37s are expensive as hell haha
Yeah but they're definately worth it.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Troll & Run

Yeah I think tire rack has em at 500+ a wheel
Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by s2katin
Yeah but they're definately worth it.
Yup, I miss my old set
Yeah I think tire rack has em at 500+ a wheel
I got my old set used for 1,100 bucks, on this forum actually. Just have patience and wheels pop up for sale. Look on websites too.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WALL-E

FUCK YOUR FAKE WHEELS.

In wrecks, almost any wheel is going to break if hit in the right place w/ the right force. Besides looking fake, these people who think they are better than others because they have "real" wheels look down on you. But fuck them, they are paying for a name in many cases because most of them don't actually see track time.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by TRU
In wrecks, almost any wheel is going to break if hit in the right place w/ the right force. Besides looking fake, these people who think they are better than others because they have "real" wheels look down on you. But fuck them, they are paying for a name in many cases because most of them don't actually see track time.
Actually buddy, my friend spun out at 75ish and his lip/tire came off the car and the rota slip stream was still bolted on. I fucking guarantee you, a real wheel would not have split like that. And its not just my friends examples, people have all kinds of crazy issues with rims cracking/breaking/etc. I dont look down at anyone, just will advise people to save a little more money,and buy something better.

I compliment cars with fake wheels all the time
Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Fakes are great on a street car, just don't get the skinny spoke super thin minimalist wheels that don't have any strength to them. Good wheels are forged, which makes them strong but isn't really necessary on wheels for street driving. Cheap wheels are easy to find, and cheap to replace when they get damaged in day to day life. If you're breaking wheels on the street, you shouldn't be driving like that on the street. Any wheel can have hidden damage in it from routine wear and tear, no matter how expensive the wheel, so there is a chance that it can fail. That's life. We have ultra expensive BBS forged magnesium wheels for our racecar, and we have throw them out (or use them for setup wheels) if they get scratched. So you can't make generalizations about wheel price and resistance to damage. Yes, forged wheels will be stronger, but they aren't invincible and can still fail.

If you get in a wreck, expect that whatever wheels you have on there are going to be damaged, and don't plan on using them again. If they survive, fine, and if you feel confident that you want to use them again, good for you. Have fun. Any corner of the car that gets damaged is a wheel that should be scrapped, I don't care if it looks fine or not.

Quick Reply: Rim look-a-likes