Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

a question for the show car people...

Old 10-09-2004, 11:45 PM
i probably hate you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts
Default a question for the show car people...

to start off; i am not criticizing or trying to start anything. i have a great deal of respect for people who are skilled in fabrication, body work and what not. i understand that everybody has different intrests, but theres something i just dont understand... every import car show i've ever been to it seems as though 90% of the participants look deathly bored or they're asleep. i don't get it. why put thousands of dollars and hours into something to take a nap? what do you get out of it?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: a question for the show car people...

Originally Posted by Mr.2
what do you get out of it?
A two dollar trophy...if they're lucky.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Registered member

Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall

hey i live for them 2 dollar trophies!
i've never been to an import car show before but maybe it's because half the guys are hating the rice cars in the show? all the people that mod their cars for speed and a clean look probably can't stand the rice that wins the trophies?
at a domestic show you usually don't see too many people looking bored, at least in my limited experience.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:40 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

maybe cause some shows require you to be there and set up a few hours before it opens to the public and by that time the people in the show probably saw every car that was in there and if you had to wait 7-8 hours for the show to end(HIN) plus the 2(or less) to set up thats alot of time so i imagine some sort of boredom does occur
Old 10-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I second that. PLus.. if it's a two day show, like Nopi, then by the second day, you seen absolutly everything that could possibly be there, and your just ready to go home. That, and you find out that most of the people who own the really hot cars are dickheads
Old 10-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its because its boring after awhile. You enter a show and it can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days and there is only so much to do. Once you have walked around and seen everything there is to see, there is nothing else to do.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Originally Posted by Mr.2
to start off; i am not criticizing or trying to start anything. i have a great deal of respect for people who are skilled in fabrication, body work and what not. i understand that everybody has different intrests, but theres something i just dont understand... every import car show i've ever been to it seems as though 90% of the participants look deathly bored or they're asleep. i don't get it. why put thousands of dollars and hours into something to take a nap? what do you get out of it?
its called 'personal preferences'?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Banned

Captain RS is an unknown quantity at this point

first it all starts off.. you get the sponsor and it just gets to the point where you got all the money form your sponsors to get the work done and its DONE.. and you have to go to the shows for the sponsorship perpose. at least three shows a year and they give you the money to do what ever you want to the car as long as your reping for them.