Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

parting out a car with a lien

Old 06-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: parting out a car with a lien

Originally Posted by Black_Man
no, the car is intact, i'm tired of throwing money at it personally. i could get into whats wrong with it, but thats a headache all in itself....because the car in question is a ....

this man is a winner
I guess the point is that you can't part out a car that you don't own. The bank has the title, so you don't own the car.

Originally Posted by nftuatn
ok well why dont you do this....it will render both situations

find out how much you owe on the car...then start a for sale thread stating the problems that the car has and then ...as crazy as this may seem...

ask what you owe on the car ....that way it is legal,the car has the potential to be back on the road if someone wishes....

and your rid of the car and the lien....problem solved
I think this is the way to go.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:55 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I guess the point is that you can't part out a car that you don't own. The bank has the title, so you don't own the car.

I think this is the way to go.
Typical president thinking
Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

there is an easy solition to your problem. NAVY FEDERAL will let you transfer your loan into a comsumer load instead on an automotive loan and then give you the title. I have done this a few times. The comsumer load will be around 11.5% though. If you dont owe too much on the car and are just looking to sale it I would go this route. You could have the title in less than 24 hrs.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:04 AM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by Reloaded
you don't know what you're talking about, next time you have something irrelevant to say your post is getting reported. good day sir

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
there is an easy solition to your problem. NAVY FEDERAL will let you transfer your loan into a comsumer load instead on an automotive loan and then give you the title. I have done this a few times. The comsumer load will be around 11.5% though. If you dont owe too much on the car and are just looking to sale it I would go this route. You could have the title in less than 24 hrs.
i had no idea. this is a BIG help. i'd give you a nice man hug if i knew you....

seriously
Old 07-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Reloaded
If I was a whiner I'd complain about the neg rep you gave me. It's ok, I know what everyone on the site thinks about you, so I'm good.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If I was a whiner I'd complain about the neg rep you gave me. It's ok, I know what everyone on the site thinks about you, so I'm good.
Yeah, you only cared enough to bump a 5 day old thread with an unrelated response.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Racetracks

I forgot how pointless it is to deal with a complete douchebag. I should know better.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-03-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Lazylaser has disabled reputation

Older thread... but I always sawzall cars into 1/4s so I can scrap them w/o titles.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:53 PM
skeeet.

ksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to behold

you partin out that left-rear piece bro?
i needs one.