Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

P-town parking...

Old 07-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

find where the portsmouth police department is.

visit the facility and speak to the receptionist and ask to speak to the facilities chief or supervising officer.

tell him about the situation and how you want to correct it or not allow it to happen again, ask for some sort of assistance from the police and ask for what they have to offer. tell him/her you are angered about it just as the family of the victims of this accident. tell them you dont support street racing
Old 07-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

pixie

also be aware that having an officer assigned to babysit a parking lot isnt going to be such an easy task. they will see it as a waste of tax money. but at the same time if this parking lot thing is allowed then there will be a cop assigned to randomly check things out. just dont get your hope up without a fight. this will not be an easy task.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

pixie

Originally posted by Greaser
find where the portsmouth police department is.

visit the facility and speak to the receptionist and ask to speak to the facilities chief or supervising officer.

tell him about the situation and how you want to correct it or not allow it to happen again, ask for some sort of assistance from the police and ask for what they have to offer. tell him/her you are angered about it just as the family of the victims of this accident. tell them you dont support street racing
dont lie to the cops to get them on your side. there are alerady enuff reasons for them to not let you do this, if they find out that you lie to them about anything even the smallest thing you will lose all trust. dont bring up street racing at all. let them you know that you do not condone immature behavior, or reckless driving. dotn tell them that you dont condone what you are there for in the first place.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe talking to the owner of the shops is first on the list. It has to be okay with them first.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

pixie

very true, that way you go in there looking like someone already supports your idea outside of the group.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by poyzniv
dont lie to the cops to get them on your side. there are alerady enuff reasons for them to not let you do this, if they find out that you lie to them about anything even the smallest thing you will lose all trust. dont bring up street racing at all. let them you know that you do not condone immature behavior, or reckless driving. dotn tell them that you dont condone what you are there for in the first place.
i wouldnt be lying. i hope i dont have to explain myself.

and i'm not there for street racing. i'm there to hang out with whoever i want to hang out with. when i go, most of the time the car is barely able to get me to work, let alone be fast. its always clean though when i do go out. thats my point now is to chill and bling foos.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

now i don't think yall have thought about this or not but how about a charity event after we ask the owner for those that got hurt this past weekend it would involve people sitting at all entrances and taking donations we could form our own security with written permission from the owner if we have anyone acting up we ask them to leave if they don't listen we call the cops we make people to sign a waiver when they enter that they will act responceable (no drinking acting stupid kinda shit) just an idea pm me if you wanna help set this up
Old 07-07-2003, 05:21 PM
WAKE UP AND DRIVE

Lazarus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JS4KIKZ
I believe talking to the owner of the shops is first on the list. It has to be okay with them first.
I have to agree the first thing to see is if we are allowed out after what happened I just found out about it today on the news. but the owner did say he didn't have a problem with it but there was some thing he was gonna explain at 6 I didn't get to see it. But he may have his on circumstances for the future when everyone comes out. Maybe when you guys/ Girls go up you can ask if the ownership could possibly have some barriers put up like friday nights til Monday Mornings to keep people from coming up.

As for the policing people from coming through that's easier said than done. How are you going to physically keep people from coming into the parking lot with out jeopardizing your safety.

Probably one of the best Ideas I've seen if this. I had a DSM meet up in Hagerstown MD. and they used the mall parking lots and charged like $2 per car the area was roped off to where there was no room for driving just park your car and walk around. it was from 9-12 and the money was donated to charity. if someone could talk to the Ames dealer or any large parking lot owner and see if he might consider something like that that's the only way you can cover yourselves. and anyone caught outside the ropes is subject to loitering.

All the ideas are good ones but from a cops stand point I can't see to many ways for you to control the area without breaking some laws yourselves.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:31 PM
WAKE UP AND DRIVE

Lazarus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by C MY 4D
people sitting at all entrances and taking donations we could form our own security with written permission from the owner if we have anyone acting up we ask them to leave if they don't listen we call the cops we make people to sign a waiver when they enter that they will act responceable (no drinking acting stupid kinda shit) just an idea pm me if you wanna help set this up
You fall into other safety issues with that. remember the main parkinglot entrance there is no lights. which means that the person there is going to have a reflectorized vest and have some kind of light source.

and for calling the cops on a couple people that don't wanna comply then the cops are gonna just eject everyone. How are you gonna call the cops for doing something that in a way your doing also. unless your an owner. Maybe calling the cops to just patrol the area more can help but then you know they may start busting people more for the little things illegal on their cars.

I still have to stick with teh idea of having a 1/4 mile track or circut track in the area. Somewhere people can go to and be able to go fast. So they can keep it off the streets and parking lots.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:59 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

I don't know if anyone is going to try to contact the people in charge of Ames or not, but does anyone have any suggestions on place that we could hold an event?

Basically looking for a centrally located large well-lit parking lot. Preferably one that isn't owned by a corporation but a person.

Moved to general until someone has something a little more solid. i.e. this isn't an "event" ... yet.

Quick Reply: P-town parking...