Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

P-town parking...

Old 07-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question P-town parking...

Now, if we are allowed to go back to Ames, maybe if we have a specific parking pattern where there is no room to race, that might help? Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:32 PM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

I don't think you would be allowed to block off all the lanes hun...in case an event should happen the "fire" lanes have to remain open...regardless if its empty or not...
Old 07-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Im thinking of trying to organize parking, and have some people watch for people who try to act foolish. Write down license plates....etc... Dont know...not sure if Im even going to go back out there. Just a thought....
Old 07-07-2003, 02:36 PM
<3 My Shrek<3

stockkiagurl is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah u cant completely block them..but maybe block them a little, to where the few cars sorta blocking htings coudl be moved a little and allow it to be open, but ppl wont race b/c ther eis not quite enuf room...make sense?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:39 PM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

hire security?

Post rules?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:40 PM
wharlgarbl

Originally posted by stockkiagurl
yeah u cant completely block them..but maybe block them a little, to where the few cars sorta blocking htings coudl be moved a little and allow it to be open, but ppl wont race b/c ther eis not quite enuf room...make sense?
yea..kinda..like naval base barriers....but it wouldn't work..those lanes gotta be completely open

but good idea none the less
Old 07-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Im not saying really to block anyone, just make it difficult for people to act foolish
Old 07-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

have a cop park out there while they do their daily paperwork.

i see them all the time in public businesses late night with interior lights on writing shit down. i'm sure its daily stuff that needs to be done. go down to the local PD and talk to a couple of the cops on duty there and i'm sure they are aware of what happened and could offer some presence for preventative measure.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally posted by Greaser
have a cop park out there while they do their daily paperwork.

i see them all the time in public businesses late night with interior lights on writing shit down. i'm sure its daily stuff that needs to be done. go down to the local PD and talk to a couple of the cops on duty there and i'm sure they are aware of what happened and could offer some presence for preventative measure.
Very good idea. I think it would really please the local PD to see you guys trying to take some responsibility/iniative to keep it from happenign again
Old 07-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

If i see a police vehicle out there, i'll start coming back out.

(if they dont get me for the no front plate )

Quick Reply: P-town parking...