Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Nissan Skyline

Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90lsvcrxva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nissan Skyline

GOOD LUCCK
Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned

2theskys is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Nissan Skyline

Originally Posted by Highend
There dumb, they like low offset rims, they eat at wawa, cavi98 is there friend, and so on..
..........i heard that!....and i have alot of friends... but i dont eat at wawa its tacobell thank you...
Old 07-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Banned

2theskys is an unknown quantity at this point

personally i really like the way the all wheel steering is.... so easy to steer and the car handles like a dream. my gtst needs new struts so it rolls a bit..but its a blast to drive.ill be getting a gtr this week and ill let you know how it drives after i get tags and insurance on it.
oh and i did get my gtr for 20gs but i had to buy two to get it at that price so i might be selling one of them after i find out which one im going to keep and which one to sell. and i think most people on this forum might have an idea of the make of the other one.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

WTFBBQ??? This thread was dead 3 months ago.

I'm tired and I've really got sand in my vagina tonight.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:29 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Ban Ban Ban
Old 07-13-2008, 05:36 AM
V12
Registered Member

V12 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 1slowxr4ti
i dont understand why the skyline is every ricer's dream car???? i mean there is a shit load of nicer cars you can get here...why the skyline? Why not another car? i personally dont like them. they are ugly as hell.
1. Gran Turismo
2. It wasn't sold here

If you were born pre-1982 you'll be old enough to recall that nobody gave a shit about the Nissan Skyline in the US prior to the release of the first Gran Turismo game. Then all of a sudden it was the best car ever.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

Brian Spillner.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Originally Posted by V12
1. Gran Turismo
2. It wasn't sold here

If you were born pre-1982 you'll be old enough to recall that nobody gave a shit about the Nissan Skyline in the US prior to the release of the first Gran Turismo game. Then all of a sudden it was the best car ever.
The Skyline is so popular because it's a nice, fast car. I've heard it called Japan's Corvette, which is probably a pretty good comparison. The reason it was so big in the first couple Gran Turismo games is that the first couple games were made primarily for the Japanese audience, and just ported to America. That's why Japanese cars are primarily featured, with American and European cars being secondary. I don't know how much you played them, but in the first GT you could buy "used" cars, and the only cars available in the "used" dealer were older Japanese cars, no American, no European.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus
Brian Spillner.
LOL...ten seconds at a time.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
The Skyline is so popular because it's a nice, fast car. I've heard it called Japan's Corvette, which is probably a pretty good comparison. The reason it was so big in the first couple Gran Turismo games is that the first couple games were made primarily for the Japanese audience, and just ported to America. That's why Japanese cars are primarily featured, with American and European cars being secondary. I don't know how much you played them, but in the first GT you could buy "used" cars, and the only cars available in the "used" dealer were older Japanese cars, no American, no European.

hes right.....and after you beat Gran Turismo 1, and I mean 100% complete, you get an option to play the game in HD mode (it DOES look better, but not by todays standards)...still a great game, but I think i liked 2 the most...but my car of choice in GT1 was the GTO (japanese GTO, not american )AKA VR4 3000GT, which I didnt even know what the GTO was until MUCH later.......sorry, gamer geek moment there

Last edited by SPAWN; 07-15-2008 at 07:42 AM.