Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: which to buy
used wheels and turbo or supercharger kit
39.22%
new turbo or supercharger kit
45.10%
OEM hardtop
15.69%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Next big purchase

Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 PM
DITB-AHHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts
Default Next big purchase

So im wondering what my next big purchase should be.

ive narrowed down to either

used Wheels (probably Rpf1's) and a used turbo or supercharger kit..

new turbo or supercharger kit

or a oem hardtop.

help me decide.

there all about the same price range.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n
Default Re: Next big purchase

Go fast.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:36 PM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Thurm@n
Go fast.

new or used?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

ls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura aboutls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura about

No RFP1's...i say a used one if your gonna boost it. s2ki has plenty for sale as long as you find the right one.

Hell there was a guy selling the r200 conversion for 2500 including the r200 rear end with the kit from inline pro which is like 3500 w/o the r200 itself.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:46 PM
DITB-AHHH

Originally Posted by ls/vtec hatch
No RFP1's...i say a used one if your gonna boost it. s2ki has plenty for sale as long as you find the right one.

Hell there was a guy selling the r200 conversion for 2500 including the r200 rear end with the kit from inline pro which is like 3500 w/o the r200 itself.

yeah i can get a low mileage kit pretty cheap,
and why not the rpf1's?
cause everyone has them or the knock offs?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

ls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura aboutls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura about

Just everyone has them...and im not a big fan on the s2000.

If you do choose something that alot of s200 have i would go with the work meisters s1s...IMO they look sick on s2ks
Old 11-19-2009, 07:58 PM
DITB-AHHH

Originally Posted by ls/vtec hatch
Just everyone has them...and im not a big fan on the s2000.

If you do choose something that alot of s200 have i would go with the work meisters s1s...IMO they look sick on s2ks

Yeah i do love those.
but i was hoping to pick up a set of polished rpf1's
dont see to many of those.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:13 PM
sussudio

jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod

Originally Posted by Corbzin
Yeah i do love those.
but i was hoping to pick up a set of polished rpf1's
dont see to many of those.
they better be rockin hard if you go with those.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:19 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

I'm a fan of buying used, as long as you know who you are buying from takes care of their stuff. That said, I'd feel better about having a new turbo on my car rather than a used one.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 PM
DITB-AHHH

Originally Posted by Fiziks
I'm a fan of buying used, as long as you know who you are buying from takes care of their stuff. That said, I'd feel better about having a new turbo on my car rather than a used one.
True, but isn't the main part on a turbo that can have the most damage is the turbo its self?

Theres not much that can be wrong with the rest of the kit?

correct me if im wrong

Quick Reply: Next big purchase