Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Nexen Tires ?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:49 AM
He's like the wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: Nexen Tires ?

Originally Posted by mstr2
Good job being a dick for no reason. Faggots like you are why I rarely post on vadriven, besides selling shit, but I figured I'd help that guy out since I have owned those tires before. My brother drives slow as hell, so its not his driving, and take a look around dumbass:
http://www.nissanusa.com/suvs/
http://www.toyota.com/

Most SUV's are about 10k cheaper than an Aspen, and I'd be willing to bet they get better gas milage as well.
No problem, glad I could help. If you didn't come across as an uninformed dick, I wouldn't have said anything.

Yes it is his driving. I've been driving a 08' Expedition Extra Long around for the last couple weeks and I'm averaging around 17mpg, in a much bigger and heavier vehicle. I had an Aspen for a rental before and average the same with that, even better on the highway so his driving is definitely has something to do with it, that or he bought a lemon.

You posted a link for Toyota and Nissan, grats. I'm suprised you didn't include Hyundia or Saturn. I priced out the Ex. I have now at almost $50k, if you look at Toyota's Sequoia and Land Cruiser, they'd be priced around that too. A nicely load 4Runner is getting close to $40k nowadays. Why don't you price out Nissan's Armada with some options and see how much it costs. I could go on and on, but there's no point.

The only SUV's getting better gas mileage are tiny ones that have no purpose, might as well get a car or station wagon in that case.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Faggots like you are why I rarely post on vadriven, besides selling shit, but I figured I'd help that guy out since I have owned those tires before.
...and there it is.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

slowmx3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Shut up. $40k for an SUV isn't crazy by any means, it's obvious you haven't priced many new vehicles. And with gas prices, that means he has about a 24gal. gas tank, not horrible at all. If your brother new how to drive worth a fuck, he'd get more than 12mpg.
Hey assfuck, you don't know shit about how I drive. I get 12mpg because I never drive it on the interstate. I drive it 3.5 miles to get to work and back. And I drive it slow as a bitch. It took over 9 months before we even hit 5,000 miles on it. Sorry to bitch about your post, but this is why I stopped coming to this site years ago. People talk shit about other people because they can sit around alone on their computer and not talk to people face to face.
On the other hand, you are right, $40k is not bad considering the size and quality of the aspen. There are a lot of more expensive SUVs out there; navigators, land rovers, and such. And if you have the money its OK. And if you drive it as little as I do, gas isn't a big deal. BTW it has got a 27gal tank, but the low fuel light comes on way too early, like around 22 gallons. I got the 5.7L Hemi. Its supposed to have that MDS BS but since I rarely drive it on the interstate it probably never is used.

Last edited by slowmx3; 06-17-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

slowmx3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good job being a dick for no reason. Faggots like you are why I rarely post on vadriven, besides selling shit, but I figured I'd help that guy out since I have owned those tires before. My brother drives slow as hell, so its not his driving, and take a look around dumbass:
http://www.nissanusa.com/suvs/
http://www.toyota.com/

Most SUV's are about 10k cheaper than an Aspen, and I'd be willing to bet they get better gas milage as well.

And Chad, I meant no offense at all, thats great if you want an Aspen, I was just giving you a heads up.
Here is a price comparison of "large" suvs. Its really not that bad at all: http://autos.msn.com/research/catego...egory=largesuv
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of

he told me he ran it dry and filled it up on Saturday and it cost him $96.
Originally Posted by slowmx3
BTW it has got a 27gal tank, but the low fuel light comes on way too early, like around 22 gallons.
Either you got gas for $3.55...or "filling it up" really isn't filling it up. And 12mpg is WAY lower than what you should be getting it if you are driving it "slow" and pussy-footing it around town.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of

On that list posted, I don't see 1 SUV that's near $10k cheaper.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:15 AM
no longer a moder8r

chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad

can't a guy just get some info on tires without people getting their panties in a twist
Old 06-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ, guys. Way to turn a TIRE THREAD into a pissing match, just like what inevitably happens to half the threads on this whole message board.

People around here need to calm down. Take a Valium or something.

If I were you I'd probably just get some Futuras like MAD_DOHC mentioned, since you're trading the car in. I've had bad experiences with Pep Boys' tire-mounting, though (had to go back 3 times because of slow leaks).

Last edited by Beachin_240; 06-17-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:01 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Call me....I just got 4 new Kumho Ecsta ASX (Z rated tire w/ 30k warranty (which is rare to have warranty on Z rated) for $365....pmed ya my number
Old 06-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

Here is what you are looking for I suppose\/\/. I would not buy nexen tires because you can spend just a little bit more and have a piece of mind with kumhos or falkens. good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...m190230406810&