Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Nexen Tires ?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:28 AM
no longer a moder8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad
Default Nexen Tires ?

My wife's has an 07 Scion tc and is in need of new tires. I called kramer and factory replacements are about $800 out the door, which im not looking to pay as we are going to trade the car in soon.

He suggested the Nexen N7000 which i had never heard of, so i figure i would ask anyone here if they had any experience with them ...

Thanks ...
Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: Nexen Tires ?

I haven\'t had any experience but I\'ve found them on pretty much every tire site I\"ve been to to find a new set. I\'m thinking about going with them or the falken ziex 912\'s.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:37 AM
no longer a moder8r

Originally Posted by Assassin
I haven\'t had any experience but I\'ve found them on pretty much every tire site I\"ve been to to find a new set. I\'m thinking about going with them or the falken ziex 912\'s.
Im not looking to spend more than $450 (under $400 would be better) ish on tires for this car. My wife is 3 months pregnant and as her due date gets closer, i intend to buy her a larger vehicle (aspen) as i am just not comfortable having the baby in such a small car ... not to mention my size ...

Anyways, i have seen them on sites too, but none that do ratings, so i am hesitant to just buy tires i know nothing about and can't find customer ratings on ...
Old 06-17-2008, 04:38 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Check your pm\'s bro.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:05 AM

mstr2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had them on my car for a while. Wheelsnext.com sells them for cheap. The traction isn't bad, but they wear out VERY fast. If you're planning on getting that Slow Useless Vechicle within a year, then you'll be OK. Mine wore down to the metal strips after only about 14 months of use.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 AM
no longer a moder8r

Originally Posted by mstr2
Slow Useless Vechicle
Good Stuff ... priorities change when you have a kid ... Mine's not even born and i have already made adjustments to future plans ...

Thanks for the input on tires though
Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by chad
Good Stuff ... priorities change when you have a kid ... Mine's not even born and i have already made adjustments to future plans ...

Thanks for the input on tires though
True, my brother did the same thing. When his wife got pregnant he traded in his Mustang GT and in fact did get an Aspen. $40,000 for an SUV. Crazy. Also might add that he only gets 12 miles a gallon in it. And it has a huge gas tank, he told me he ran it dry and filled it up on Saturday and it cost him $96.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Chad, go to Pep Boy's and get some Futura's. They'll probably be your cheapest bet and they definitely aren't the worst tire you can get.

True, my brother did the same thing. When his wife got pregnant he traded in his Mustang GT and in fact did get an Aspen. $40,000 for an SUV. Crazy. Also might add that he only gets 12 miles a gallon in it. And it has a huge gas tank, he told me he ran it dry and filled it up on Saturday and it cost him $96.
Shut up. $40k for an SUV isn't crazy by any means, it's obvious you haven't priced many new vehicles. And with gas prices, that means he has about a 24gal. gas tank, not horrible at all. If your brother new how to drive worth a fuck, he'd get more than 12mpg.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 AM
no longer a moder8r

We'll i have the vehicle cost worked out ... I have a client in South Carolina (Chysler Dealership) of which i did a boat name for the owner, and in the process of doing the name, got to talking and i mentioned that i loved and wanted the aspen (not knowing at the time he owned a dealership) ... anyways, long story short, i told him my wife was prego and that i would love to have one, and he was so happy with his boat name, that when he got back to SC, he instructed his Sales mangers and marketing people to use me for their promotional supplies (signs banners etc ...) and we have a "Credit Contract" ... basically i am doing their work (about 12k so far) and running a tab, which i get to cash in at the time of purchase ... guy even calls me to make sure his people are doing the right things and not being pains to deal with ...

Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time ...

As far as gas, that is something I/We all have to deal with, i am not going to live my life around the gas pump.

I
Old 06-17-2008, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Chad, go to Pep Boy's and get some Futura's. They'll probably be your cheapest bet and they definitely aren't the worst tire you can get.

Shut up. $40k for an SUV isn't crazy by any means, it's obvious you haven't priced many new vehicles. And with gas prices, that means he has about a 24gal. gas tank, not horrible at all. If your brother new how to drive worth a fuck, he'd get more than 12mpg.
Good job being a dick for no reason. Faggots like you are why I rarely post on vadriven, besides selling shit, but I figured I'd help that guy out since I have owned those tires before. My brother drives slow as hell, so its not his driving, and take a look around dumbass:
http://www.nissanusa.com/suvs/
http://www.toyota.com/

Most SUV's are about 10k cheaper than an Aspen, and I'd be willing to bet they get better gas milage as well.

And Chad, I meant no offense at all, thats great if you want an Aspen, I was just giving you a heads up.

Quick Reply: Nexen Tires ?