Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Laws passed July 1st

Old 08-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default New Laws passed July 1st

New Laws Impact Virginia Drivers Beginning July 1, 2006
Alcohol Law, HOV Lane Violations Highlight Changes

RICHMOND - Legislation, which impacts Virginia drivers and motor vehicle laws, takes effect July 1, 2006. Brief summaries of some of the more significant new laws are listed below.

Providing Alcohol - This new law requires the court to suspend, for a period of not more than one year, the driving privilege for anyone found guilty of purchasing alcohol for a person who is underage, intoxicated or interdicted (prohibited from using alcohol by court order.) Currently suspension of a driver's license in these instances is discretionary.

Underage Purchase - Requires the court, in addition to other penalties, to suspend for at least six months (and not more than one year) the driving privilege of anyone 18 and older, who purchases, consumes or possesses alcohol in violation of state law. Currently, a suspension is imposed at the discretion of the court.

Vehicle Racing - If a person causes the death of another person while engaging in a vehicle race in a manner so gross, wanton, and culpable as to show reckless disregard for human life, he is guilty of a felony. It is punishable by a mandatory jail term of not less than one year and not more than 20 years.

Military Driver's License Extensions - Spouses and dependents accompanying U.S. military or U.S. diplomats serving overseas may now be granted the same extension period for an expired driver's license as the service member. The period for all extensions is reduced from five to three years.

HOV Lane Fines - The fines for driving in the HOV lanes without the required number of occupants in Planning District Eight (northern Virginia) have been increased as follows: fines have increased from $50 to $125 for a first violation and from $200 to $250 for a second violation within 5 years while for third violations within 5 years, fines remain at $500, and for fourth and subsequent violations within 5 years, fines remain at $1,000. Also, three demerit points will be assessed for second or subsequent offenses occurring within Planning District Eight.

For HOV violations in other parts of Virginia, the fine has increased from $50 to $100.

Convictions for all HOV violations will be placed on the violator's driving record.

-Didnt know if you guys knew these or even wanted to, but here they are
Old 08-01-2006, 07:49 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Laws passed July 1st

good to know, thanks

so that means no buying alcohol for your drunk friends....lol
Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

That means no more parties with underage drinking. I'd hate to be the one who got caught having a bunch of drunk kids in my apartment. It'd be a dumb reason for me to lose my right to drive
Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Drunken Irish

djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome

I can understand the street racing law. If someone I knew died from somebody street racing I'd wanna see them go to jail myself.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

BlessTheMartyr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DarkPedro
That means no more parties with underage drinking. I'd hate to be the one who got caught having a bunch of drunk kids in my apartment. It'd be a dumb reason for me to lose my right to drive
loosing rights...? what has the world come to?