Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Law?

Old 08-31-2003, 09:50 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx
Angry New Law?

Someone was telling me tonight that Virgina has a law coming out that lighting on cars that is not factory is illegal whether it is dot/sae approved or not...(Euros, clear corners, jdm conversions...junk like that) Just wonderin if anyone else has hurd of it....i was also told that if a person is to get more than 3 tickets their car will be impounded...this really sucks ass if it is true
if anyone has any info on this send me a link so i can read up on it
Old 08-31-2003, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Technically speaking anything other then the EXACT STOCK OEM parts on your car are illegal. Its a bs law, but most cops arent extremely by the book. But to answer your question......(Euros, clear corners, jdm conversions...junk like that) = illegal.

And the 3 ticket = impound is not true. Im sure many have had those nights, me included, when a cop feels he needs to list everything wrong. They do not take your car. If its 3 moving violations that would be a different story.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:01 AM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

Yeah and I dout a cop would seriously know the differance if a car had a JDM front end on it.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:07 AM
My baby Aiden

h22a4 is an unknown quantity at this point

<---11 tickets, 2 suspended licenses, and short jail time since I began driving. Still had my cars, but that was about it.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:23 AM
Fuk Hondas

BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI

i got pulled a few months ago for my exhaust and tint. he told me anything other than stock is illegal. so i wonder if this fucker pulls over every mustang/harley/crotch rocket in sight. i dont think so
Old 09-01-2003, 05:51 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

i dont think a jdm conversion would be illegal. or at least it would be fightable. technically, it is made up of all OEM parts, just not usdm OE parts. i dont think anywhere in the law states rather the parts have to be us market OE or not.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:12 AM
20psi>engine

72NOVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Im tired of the whining about "cops never pull harleys or domestics". Anything other than stock is illegal right, NEWS FLASH a harley's loud exhaust is STOCK. As for not pulling domestics, the # of people doing dumb shit in domestics is far fewer that idiots in imports buurning out and doing doughnuts so of course the cops are gonna be bias. That is the way of life, deal with it.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

noreverse makes a good point
Old 09-01-2003, 06:16 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally posted by NoReverse
i dont think a jdm conversion would be illegal. or at least it would be fightable. technically, it is made up of all OEM parts, just not usdm OE parts. i dont think anywhere in the law states rather the parts have to be us market OE or not.
I thought they had to be d.o.t. approved for parts relating to safety.

Considering that japanse headlights aim the wrong way, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd get crap for them.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:32 AM
Smee

LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98

Originally posted by 72NOVA
Im tired of the whining about "cops never pull harleys or domestics". Anything other than stock is illegal right, NEWS FLASH a harley's loud exhaust is STOCK. As for not pulling domestics, the # of people doing dumb shit in domestics is far fewer that idiots in imports buurning out and doing doughnuts so of course the cops are gonna be bias. That is the way of life, deal with it.
The man has a point, you gotta deal with it. It's just like racial profiling on cars, if you have a riced out honda you probably mean trouble. Just like they watch muslim lookin dudes at airports, its all the same, its life...

Quick Reply: New Law?