Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Law?

Old 09-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Nic
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally posted by FlodaSE-R
Technically speaking anything other then the EXACT STOCK OEM parts on your car are illegal. Its a bs law, but most cops arent extremely by the book. But to answer your question......(Euros, clear corners, jdm conversions...junk like that) = illegal.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:31 AM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

ok.. does anyone actually have a copy of what the written law is..

Not just, this "i heard froma friend that saw it on the news", bullshit
Old 09-01-2003, 11:04 AM

xSilverTypeSHx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, it does suck about gettin pulled over for exhaust. I hate how people give asian honda drivers a bad rap. I mean, I got pulled over twice for exhaust, and it's not like I was speedin or anything, just the wrong car and the wrong race.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I have to disagree with the Harley thing. I have knoe quite a few people to buy new Harleys, and none of them are very loud... Unitl they hollow out the pipes.. which if I'm not mistaken would make them illegal... I have to agree that the reason import owners get hassled more is because more import owners do stupid shit to give the rest of us a bad name.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:58 AM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by xSilverTypeSHx
Yeah, it does suck about gettin pulled over for exhaust. I hate how people give asian honda drivers a bad rap. I mean, I got pulled over twice for exhaust, and it's not like I was speedin or anything, just the wrong car and the wrong race.
Not to bitch, but that's exactly right. A cop pulled me for some lil bs just cuz he had nothing better to do. And i hate the rap that peeps wit hondas (whether or not they're asian) get. But they brought it on themselves, with so many people doin stupid shit in imports. I can't stand the irresponsibility i've seen. And for young drivers its even worse. I'm 16, and a responsible driver. Most 16 year olds are the ones gettin the rep by doin burnouts and shit. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!
Old 09-01-2003, 12:32 PM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

ive talked to cops and they say that the majority of drugs, illegal drinking, cerfew, thefted property, and driving with out a liscense charges in this area come from the stereotyped street racers they pull over . the cops go after the type of cars that usually have shady business going on.

yea there are some of us who actually enjoy cars and dont dick around (too much, and in the wrong places) , that get harrassed by the cops because of what we drive. but like homedude said about the arabs.

16 of them farked up our buildings, so now all of them have to suffer. same thing here.

thats why i drive big ass american cars. i wont get pulled for my exhaust being too loud. or my tint, or my car too low. my car hits the ground all the time. my exhaust is loud as hell. and i had solid black/ red mirror tint.

i just dont act like an idiot while driving, i wont hang out where anyone is being idiot car owners, and i dont rock a gangsta lean when driving.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:45 PM
WRX Wrencher

wrx+ is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, any change to the lighting of your vehicle is against the law (federal and state) it was written up in one of the car mags 'cause they did a feature on light upgrades and how they are made, and also touched on the laws connected with them. If you want the exact law I think you can find it on the state police web site, start in the state inspection section.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:23 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

just don't act retarded and be polite to the cops and you'll be ok most of the time. if you come of as a responsible person it will help a lot.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:25 PM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

this is tru
Old 09-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

Changing your LIGHTING is illegal, not the housing that holds it. As long as the lights are the color they are suppose to be (i.e. red, amber, clear) for DOT safety reasons. Euro tails and headlite conversions are cool as long as the bulbs you use and the light they project are DOT approved (brakes red, turns amber,etc). Clear corners are illegal cause according to DOT, they are suppose to be amber not clear.

Quick Reply: New Law?