Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The New GTR Skyline...

Old 02-04-2007, 04:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5thGenPrelude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The New GTR Skyline...

the ass end is the only thing that looks like a skyline
Old 02-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Originally Posted by snikwad
how old is the skyline liek over 50 years, all straight 6s, and now they decide to call the JDM G35 a skyline, its such BS... call it moonline or something, its a awesome chassis and engine but its no skyline.
what are you talking about they finally decided to call it that, it has always been called a skyline since the new body style came out in 2002. Then they brought it over to america, you can argue saying why did they decide to call the skyline a g35 that makes more sense.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:38 AM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
what are you talking about they finally decided to call it that, it has always been called a skyline since the new body style came out in 2002. Then they brought it over to america, you can argue saying why did they decide to call the skyline a g35 that makes more sense.

i knew it was called that since the start, so what are you saying... thats neither here nor there, its still not fukin worthy of the skyline name.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Cholesterol Free

Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy

i knew it was called that since the start, so what are you saying... thats neither here nor there, its still not fukin worthy of the skyline name.
Why not? The G35 is probably one of the best Skylines they've made. All the "cool" Skylines of the past you're probably thinking about were all GT-Rs I bet. Trust me, all those other models weren't nothing to brag about.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by Marcushiro San
Why not? The G35 is probably one of the best Skylines they've made. All the "cool" Skylines of the past you're probably thinking about were all GT-Rs I bet. Trust me, all those other models weren't nothing to brag about.
The GT models were schweet too.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

well a buddy of mine went to hall nissan to trade in his Z and talked to the salesman about the gtr and they knew a bunch about it apparently.price,models,options,etc.....
Old 02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Drive
well a buddy of mine went to hall nissan to trade in his Z and talked to the salesman about the gtr and they knew a bunch about it apparently.price,models,options,etc.....

Was most likely all speculation.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:04 PM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
Was most likely all speculation.
+1
yeah, most salesmen dont know a fukin thing about the products they sell.
I'll never forget the clown that argued with me that the S2000 was a V6.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:06 PM
1 happy dude

Originally Posted by Marcushiro San
what? dude go google "nissan skyline" and see the history of the car and then come talk to me.
GT-R, GT-S it doesnt matter, if you know what skylines have been since the 50s you know the car is NOT a skyline, and isnt worthy of the name.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Cholesterol Free

Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy Jin Rummy

what? dude go google "nissan skyline" and see the history of the car and then come talk to me.
GT-R, GT-S it doesnt matter, if you know what skylines have been since the 50s you know the car is NOT a skyline, and isnt worthy of the name.
Whoa! Calm down little man. With the exception of the car having a V6 instead of a straight 6, I wouldn't say there is anything 'wrong' or significantly different with the G35 and past Skylines. What is it that I'm missing? V6s are as good now as inline-6s were. Maybe not for modifications, but Nissan could care less about after market. That's Greddys/HKS/Stillens problem.

Quick Reply: The New GTR Skyline...