Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need help finding a law

Old 08-20-2003, 09:54 AM
TiM-MaY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the rough
Default Need help finding a law

I gotta ticket a while back for "23.43, tresspass" and can not find ANYTHING dealing with this...

is there anyone who can point me to a site where it has some info on this?

I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:58 AM
~ Girlie girl ~

swt02accord is an unknown quantity at this point

thats because its a city charge and there would not be a site for it. go to the city library where you got the ticket and ask for the city code book.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:29 AM
TiM-MaY!

coolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the rough

Ok, if the sign sais No Loitering, but not Trespassing... does this mean I'm good? or should I still talk to my lawyer bout this?

Sec. 23-43. Trespass after having been forbidden to do so.

(a) If any person shall, without authority of law, go upon or remain upon the lands, buildings or premises of another, or any part, portion or area thereof, after having been forbidden to do so, either orally or in writing, by the owner, lessee, custodian or other person lawfully in charge thereof, or after having been forbidden to do so by a sign or signs posted on such lands, buildings, premises or part, portion or area thereof, at a place or places where it or they may be reasonably seen, or if any person, whether he is the owner, tenant or otherwise entitled to the use of such land, building or premises, goes upon, or remains upon such land, building or premises after having been prohibited from doing so by a court of competent jurisdiction by an order issued pursuant to Virginia Code Sections 16.1-253, 16.1-253.1, 16.1-278.2 through 16.1-278.6, 16.1-278.8, 16.1-278.14, 16.1-278.15, 16.1-279.1, 19.2-152.8, 19.2-152.9, 19.2-152.10 or an ex parte order issued pursuant to Virginia Code Section 20-103, and after having been served with such order, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. This section shall not be construed to affect in any way the provisions of Virginia Code Sections 18.2-132 through 18.2-136.

(b) Any owner, lessee, custodian, or person lawfully in charge of real property may, in writing on a form prescribed by the chief of police, designate the police department as a "person lawfully in charge thereof," as those terms are used in subsection (a) of this section, for the purpose of forbidding another to go or remain upon the lands, buildings or premises of such owner, lessee, custodian, or person lawfully in charge. Such designation shall include a description of the land(s), building(s) or premises to which it applies; shall reference the period of time during which it is in effect; and shall be kept on file in the office of the chief of police or in such other location within the police department as the chief of police deems appropriate.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Drag757

Slammed Sentra is an unknown quantity at this point

where and what were you doing when this happened?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:56 PM
TiM-MaY!

Originally posted by Slammed Sentra
where and what were you doing when this happened?
Virginia Beach, Popular Spot... was talkin with alotta people, about 15 got tickets...
Old 08-20-2003, 03:18 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

uhm, they can give you a loitering ticket...if they go with that law as it is written, they did not warn you prior by, a) verbal, b) written (it only says no loitering)... so they could only give you a Loitering ticket... unless there are no trespassing signs posted somewhere on the premises.. OR!!! if for some freaky reason the manager or some other official told some other kids earlier that they arnt allowed.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:33 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Mexican terms - Your fucked.

My dad has gotten 3 out of 4 of my tickets reduced or dropped.. want me to see if he wants to dress up and attend this event? its even in his home town of VB.. where the garcia mafia resides.. might be even more enfluential.. hehe
Old 08-20-2003, 03:42 PM
TiM-MaY!

Originally posted by litlespic
Mexican terms - Your fucked.

My dad has gotten 3 out of 4 of my tickets reduced or dropped.. want me to see if he wants to dress up and attend this event? its even in his home town of VB.. where the garcia mafia resides.. might be even more enfluential.. hehe
thats what appeals court is for...

- - - -

Thanks Crate Dawg!!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:44 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

ya... dont trust what i say 100%.. ask a lawyer about it. i only took Business law. lol