Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need advice on whether to buy this car

Old 11-25-2009, 10:43 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Need advice on whether to buy this car

Originally Posted by jdc29500
Tatterfag,I know you do not have anything better to do all day, but to sit on your computer and talk crap to people on the internet...........So please take your BS to another thread, Thank You
Cool story, Hansel.

Way to avoid my question.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

volvo c30
Old 11-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe

Whats your budget? Are they paying car insurance for you or do you have to somehow cover that? Are you looking to mod the car?

WHY THE FUCK are your parents paying for your car and your in college did you work at all in your life before. I am assuming your dad is prior navy he didnt install some work habits on you damn you had it nice.

Rsx's are known to have transmission issues in the first years they were made. Dont trust what other people say about a dealer have an independant inspector come in for about 50 bux they will inspect the car for problems.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:50 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

take your pick......
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1259243202117
Old 11-26-2009, 04:55 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 03dgcoupe
WHY THE FUCK are your parents paying for your car and your in college did you work at all in your life before. I am assuming your dad is prior navy he didnt install some work habits on you damn you had it nice.
thats your opinion...if he is in college and doing well , than why does it matter what his parents pay for? if they can afford it, than there is nothing wrong with them giving him a present for doing well and for following a great path of success. So get off his nuts.

OP, i think you should walk away from the original one spoken of and find a clean history Type S....good luck with your searches.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Registered Member

slammed has disabled reputation

I bet that car would bite you in the ass.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Registered member

jdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these parts

like was said in the beginning, do a carfax and have a pre purchase insp done. he should have fixed the problem before he listed it for sale ?
Old 11-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

College student?

Said it many times before, and I'll say it again...

Get a POS beater that will get you from point A to point B.

Fuck a nice car right now, on campus you're surrounded by multiple idiots who:
  • can't drive
  • can't park
  • don't give a shit about their car or yours
Fuck getting a car that you're going to waste time and money modifying while you're in college.

Keep your focus on college, get your degree, and then go get yourself a nice car.

/thread
Old 11-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Kouki KA-T has disabled reputation

I second that. Wait till you have shit going for you, then by all means take the moneys to somewhere or someone reputable and buy you a car. Just for now, MPG is your friend, and that should be it. A dinged up, but reliable running old car is worth the 1500 to 2k you'd spend on it in the long run. Just saying.

You probably won't want a rsx when you get out of school anyways, there will be plenty of nice cars for that price range around then, but shit, ENGINEER, get something with NO miles on the odometer. haha.

Point- Don't take the first damn car you find, just because you "think" it'll be alright. Wait it out for sure. Can't stress that enough.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts

for the price. you can find a decent type-S with a clean title with slightly more miles.

patience is a virtue one really needs when buying a car... especially if it's something you really want. Don't just 'settle'. it'll cost you in the long run.

Quick Reply: Need advice on whether to buy this car