Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

More stupidity from Toyota

Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 PM
ConflictedFelon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k
Default Re: More stupidity from Toyota

I've been so tempted to buy several, but I go all out on projects I actually care about, hence why I've never gone there. I'd have a Z car that looked like it rolled off the showroom floor yet I have the income of the average person the same year the car was made. A 510 or a 240/260/280Z with a VQ swap is my dream build, I'd almost choose to build one than to buy a 458 if I had the dough.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

The one I looked at was a 280 with turbo. It just needed so much work to be reliable. And I would have ended up swapping it anyway. I still keep an eye out for something in better condition for the right price. A 510 would be fun too.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

i hope to God they were paid for their stupidity
Old 10-06-2013, 02:50 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

Originally Posted by GerMINI
The one I looked at was a 280 with turbo. It just needed so much work to be reliable. And I would have ended up swapping it anyway. I still keep an eye out for something in better condition for the right price. A 510 would be fun too.
Meh, when buying a Z you just price it based on the shell. The L series is moot these days unless you want to keep it original. I've yet to find a 510 for under 5k and even then it's completely rusted out with a seized motor and tranny. I mean, I know rust was a Datsun factory feature, but holy fuck.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered member

PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1

Wah wah wah. There's plenty of dumb commercials, this does not need a thread.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Toyota has finally gained the reputation that it (and indeed most Japanese carmakers) deserves for being incredibly bland and now they are looking to change that image. Can't blame them for trying, but dumb marketing gimmicks can only take you so far before you have to actually change the product.

Not sure why you even care though. It's not like the Camry used to be a good car and now they've changed it are still trying to convince people that it's a performance car. It was crap at inception, it's crap now, and it will presumably be crap until the end of time when Toyota finally stop production. But at least this commercial isn't the enigmatic, artsy bullshit that has pretty much plagued the rest of the auto industry when it comes to advertising.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Anal hammer

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Toyota has finally gained the reputation that it (and indeed most Japanese carmakers) deserves for being incredibly bland and now they are looking to change that image. Can't blame them for trying, but dumb marketing gimmicks can only take you so far before you have to actually change the product.

Not sure why you even care though. It's not like the Camry used to be a good car and now they've changed it are still trying to convince people that it's a performance car. It was crap at inception, it's crap now, and it will presumably be crap until the end of time when Toyota finally stop production. But at least this commercial isn't the enigmatic, artsy bullshit that has pretty much plagued the rest of the auto industry when it comes to advertising.
Indeed. I don't get why they don't offer a turbo Camry. I'm glad they don't because we would have a whole new wave of "classy" rice faggots. But to me it seems like at least one guy on the design or marketing team would chime in with this idea.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:50 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Indeed. I don't get why they don't offer a turbo Camry. I'm glad they don't because we would have a whole new wave of "classy" rice faggots. But to me it seems like at least one guy on the design or marketing team would chime in with this idea.
Why would they? The Camry already sells like hotcakes stuffed in an unreleased Harry Potter book full of nude pictures from Lindsay Lohan's 18th birthday party.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Anal hammer

Pure win I lost.
Plus rep when I can.
To answer the question because automakers are greedy assholes why not target this new audience correctly? They are clearly marketing to a "sport" crowd why not do it right?
Old 10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Pure win I lost.
Plus rep when I can.
To answer the question because automakers are greedy assholes why not target this new audience correctly? They are clearly marketing to a "sport" crowd why not do it right?
Because this "sport" crowd nonsense is just that... nonsense. They're not real enthusiasts. They wouldn't be willing to pay a lot of additional money for a car with sporting credentials (or else they'd buy something better). They're the people that wouldn't know whether a car was sporty or not unless the manufacturer told them so. The interesting thing though is that Toyota makes the supercharged 2GR-FZE out of the Evora/Exige S/Aurion (Australian Camry) so it seems like the potential is there, but the market isn't.

Quick Reply: More stupidity from Toyota