Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

More stupidity from Toyota

Old 10-06-2013, 10:08 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default More stupidity from Toyota

This commercial makes me want to drop kick a puppy. First it was that "grounded to the ground" drivel and now this. I'm amazed how many mouth breathing dopes Toyota has been able to convince that the Camry is a sports car.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UAvIPfzqQh4 And of course, this one:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRiCsZfx4k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAKRiCsZfx4k Discuss.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: More stupidity from Toyota

They had no idea a Camry could drive over a hill, around a curve, and backwards? I've always had a dislike for Toyota and they aren't winning me over with this type of advertising. I'd drive a supra for obvious reasons but nothing else they make.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Unregistered Member

Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis.

Toyota makes nothing sporty anymore...the camry is a decent looking car but they have nothing sporty anymore. no supra, no mr2, no XRS, no celica (not saying they were good cars but still)...now its just crap. the commercials are stupid. If they want to get back into sporty cars....build a sporty car. overpriced FRS doesnt count.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by Yardjass
This commercial makes me want to drop kick a puppy. First it was that "grounded to the ground" drivel and now this. I'm amazed how many mouth breathing dopes Toyota has been able to convince that the Camry is a sports car.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UAvIPfzqQh4 And of course, this one:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRiCsZfx4k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAKRiCsZfx4k Discuss.
i figured after the "grounded to the ground" bull shit that toyota would take a look back at the shit they've created and say "ok, maybe we should stop being dumb and move on to more intelligent things". apparently that is not the case.

there is a rising number of non working, collecting government money, sorry sack of shit, do-less, lazy mother fuckers in this country. they have to spend that money somehow. they dont usually understand stuff unless its on their level. like "grounded to the ground" for example. so i guess toyota is going to use this opportunity to begin to take more money from idiots? just a theory.

lol
Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

Lol a '94 base model sentra can do all that, faster.

Originally Posted by GerMINI
They had no idea a Camry could drive over a hill, around a curve, and backwards? I've always had a dislike for Toyota and they aren't winning me over with this type of advertising. I'd drive a supra for obvious reasons but nothing else they make.
Nevermind the MR2, AE86, or the RWD Celicas, right?
Old 10-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Anal hammer

Originally Posted by jarrett2k
Lol a '94 base model sentra can do all that, faster.

Nevermind the MR2, AE86, or the RWD Celicas, right?
They just aren't vehicles I fancy. Not saying there's anything wrong with them I just wouldn't drive one.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:07 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

Gotcha. I'm a "if it's fun I'll drive it" sort of guy.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Anal hammer

I get that and it's a big factor for me too. But I also need something aesthetically pleasing, I can't have something hideous staring me down everyday I don't care how much fun it is. I might could get down with an MR2 haven't had much interaction with them and I've seen much uglier.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:18 PM
ConflictedFelon

Maybe I'm slightly askew but I like the boxy look of the older, RWD Toyotas. Then again I'm the same way for the Nissans/Datsuns. And even though I despise Hondas, I like the EF hatch and sedan more than their whole lineup.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Anal hammer

I would rock the hell out of an old school Datsun 280Z I almost bought one a year ago.

Quick Reply: More stupidity from Toyota