Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Modified vehicle insurance?

Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Built, HTA, V9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts
Default Modified vehicle insurance?

There has to be such a thing. I've searched online but only came up with UK companies. I'm looking for a company to insure the Subbie for what I have into it. Anyone know where to look?

-Derf
Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Modified vehicle insurance?

Many insurance companies let you list the mods you have and their worth. Call around and talk to a few reps, they'll tell you how that works out..
Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

I have progressive, and they pretty much cover anything if you have a recipt. You can also get the car appraised, and they will adjust the insurance accordingly.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99 Got_Boost99

I had State Farm and when I totalled my GST they paid me for the parts I had receipts for. They wont pay dollar for dollar but u can get at least half of what u paid for them. I got back like 60% of the total cost on the receipts + I kept most of the parts anyways. Now if getting ur ride stolen is what concerns u, then u should talk to an agent and check how much they would pay u back if ur car was stolen...
Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Yung Gunnaz Racing

civiccord civiccord

My friend has a accord and State Farm looked at his car and covers his car and everything else he has on it, its called something like "Full Coverage and Some" or something like that.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

grundy
Old 08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

I was told that if my insurance company even found out that I had performance parts on the car, they would drop me immediately. I will call and ask a rep BEFORE I give them my info.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

If use Rally exotic car insurance
And insured it to a stated value

Catch is you must be 25 and have a clean record
Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

bboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these parts

Bringing this topic back from the thread since i'm looking for new insurance.

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
I have progressive, and they pretty much cover anything if you have a recipt. You can also get the car appraised, and they will adjust the insurance accordingly.
I've researched Esurance, Liberty Mutual as well as Progressive all of them have a 5000 dollar cap to customization mods. Any other suggestions?