Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

No more "WTB Vehicle" Threads in "Vehicle For sale" forum

Old 10-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPRacing has disabled reputation
Default No more "WTB Vehicle" Threads in "Vehicle For sale" forum

Personally, i think its dumb. I feel that some people can easily post a certain type of vehicle in a price range and let the people who actually give a damn about selling a car post in there. Maybe a seller who advertises for price "A" would be willing to sell for price "A" minus $500 to that person asap if the buyer is serious.

If you arent going to allow any more WTB threads in the "Vehicles for sale" forum. At least add a "WTB Vehicle" Forum. This is only fair and i think its not something that would get fucked up to easily.
Just post rules there.

-Francisco
Old 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default Re: No more "WTB Vehicle" Threads in "Vehicle For sale" forum

also with a wtb thread section say i wanted a vehicle that may not be in the fs thread but maybe somebody knows somebody selling the type vehicle i want they could post there in my thread and let me know about it. with out posting the wtb thread i may have never found out about it. thats just my 2 cent just tryin to help
Old 10-09-2005, 10:13 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

The vehicle for sale section is for SERIOUS SELLERS ONLY. If someone is serious about selling their vehicle, they will make a FS thread about it. Taking that into account, WTB threads only serve lazy people who do not bother to read through the for sale ads. Anything that adds more clutter than it is useful will not be tolerated in that forum.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:02 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

what about the other valid points that were brought up. friends selling a car or someone sees a car at a dealership that a wtb thread was made for.

My real question is what negative outcome would come from having a WTB Vehicle section?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered member

User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020

Why not perhaps make a WTB Vehicle thread in the Vehicles forum and sticky it, so folks have a place to post WTB ads?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

i seriously think that NO wtb posts in the vehicle for sale thread has made a buch of peopel angry..?

i mean im sure that the mods dont care that we are angry, and they are trying to keep the board clutter down, but i think that we should have at least 1 wtb section in eiter a different section or in the vehicle for sale section..

it could be liek the 4x4 parts for sale section where its just 1 post, and everybody post their cars that they are looking to buy?

just tryign to help out some..

brandon
Old 10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
HAM

Originally Posted by sucka306
what about the other valid points that were brought up.
what valid points? There aren't any. WTB threads create more mess than their usefulness. If you want me to take you seriously make a chart listing the pros and cons of WTB threads.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

Pro:
1) People can put out clearly what type of vehicle they are looking for (i.e.: price, make, model, year, mods preferred, etc.)
2) If someone knows of a car not listed on DragVA and not their own, they can help another member out and give them a heads up (i.e.: dealerships, friends, co-workers, etc.)
3) In the case that someone overlooks a thread (which can happen to anybody, not just incompetent people), they can still see a car that is listed on drag.
4) In the case of someone not ardently looking to sell their car, but will to the right buyer for the right price and they see the “WTB” thread that would meet criteria they would part with their car for.

Con:
1) Users who spam their car for sale in threads where it’s obvious that the car does not meet the thread starter’s criteria
2) Thread starters who have no money to spend (but this also holds true in the “For Sale” forum in the sense that people respond to a thread and have little or no money to spend)

I do not see how the Cons outweigh the Pros. If you are worried about it being a mess and not having serious threads, make rules for the forum.

Name:
Means of contact
Location of self
Location preferred of possible sellers
Amount range to spend
Makes/Models/Years preferred
Any Other Pertinent info

-Francisco
Old 10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
HAM

All of those pros are things we don't want or don't need here. In response to each of them:

1) This site isn't catering to buyers. This isn't a dealership. If you're looking to buy a car this should be the last place you look and certainly it is more useful to actually browse the cars for sale than have a ton of useless wtb threads. Have you looked at the wtb threads in the past? They serve almost no purpose other than having people spam their $1000 beaters for sale.
2) A car not listed on dragva means absolutely nothing to us.
3) We're not here to cater to people who are not serious about buying or selling. It's pretty simple to use the search function to find a type of vehicle you are looking for and not miss any threads.
4) This site is not for people who are not serious about selling their car, if their car isn't for sale then no harm is done. Furthermore, the type of users these kinds of posts attract are the type of people whom we do not want using the site which is why these rules were put into effect in the first place. People complain about quality of our users but as soon as we put rules in place to keep the riffraff out we've got people like you complaining about that.

Maybe you don't understand what the for sale forums are like. Some of the more mature members who take time to make a professional for sale thread but who do not have the time to sit on the computer and bump their thread every hour get no traffic on their for sale thread because there is simply too many useless posts cluttering up that area. This is not how we want things to operate. The goal is to reward those sellers who take the time to make a professional thread and are serious about selling their vehicle so they don't have to worry about their thread getting the traffic it deserves.

For every 1 WTB thread you can find that is actually useful I can show you 10 that are not and that deteriorate the quality of our for sale section and like I already said those types of posts attract people whom we do not want using this site to begin with.

As far as a seperate WTB forum goes, show me why you think that would be worth the trouble. Show me that I am wrong about the WTB threads in the past. Have you read through them all? I have.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

I think you are just shooting the idea down more than you are seeing the benefit in them. With your response about catering to buyers, I ask why you dont cater buyers? Who do you cater to? Sellers? Why them?

If this should be the last place people look to buy a car, why do we have a for sale forum?

If you look at a lot of posts and threads in the past (and currently), they serve almost no purpose.

A car not listed on here may not mean dick to you, BUT what about the person looking for a car and one not listed on dragva suits him perfectly? Why would you not want to help someone out?

You cannot stereotype people by a thread they make.

I think rules are great. how many times have people tried to Pm, email, or post in a thread on something with no response from the seller? the new for sale rules with contact info is great. you know how the buyer prefers to be contacted. I say just be strict on the rule enforcement in the WTB forum and it shouldnt be a problem. If you look at the Honda-Tech market place you will see a new organization for their classified section, i think it has made them more efficient.

I understand that the for sale rules benefit the seller and the members looking to buy as a whole and equally. I do not understand how potential buyers cannot be rewarded similarly.

I dont see a problem with allowing them in a controlled environment with rules that are strictly enforced like the other forums in the classified section.

Quick Reply: No more "WTB Vehicle" Threads in "Vehicle For sale" forum