Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Microtech LT8

Old 01-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Former 757'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Microtech LT8

Anyone have any experience with these units or have actually tuned them? I'm considering doing something a little different when I rebuild the 7.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:27 PM
I am the way.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about one for the Protege.

The problem with my shitty computer is that it has a nice little open and closed loop mood.

At WOT the open loop takes over. The ECU does not read any of the sensors and reads from a pre determined MAP. There are no piggybacks that can override this open loop. SAFC's or anything like that won't work, only a complete stand alone is the only way of getting around it.

The only way my FMU gets by it, is at WOT it dumps so much fuel into the engine that the 30% that the ECU tries to pull back to the return line is overwhelmed by how much is going in....it's a mess.

But, yes I'm getting info on them and SpoolinMP3 is creating a Microtech for the Protege, soon to be out. Let's get some info on them