Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Mexican and Wheel Spacing?

Old 10-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FastPrelude420 has disabled reputation
Default Mexican and Wheel Spacing?

Nothing against the mexicans i just always see them and they will have the wheels sticking out on the like f-150 and all kinds of things ive seen there wheels stuck like 2-3 inchs farther then there fender im just wondering how they do it? I need to do it to my crx i got a widebody crx and i want to bring the wheels out to match the kit where can i get wheel spacers that big atleast like 1-1/2 inch - 2 inch i need them and al i can find are like 15mm and crap i want to know how people get it done? anyone
Old 10-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: Mexican and Wheel Spacing?

go learn what offset is.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:46 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

wow...they like it like that thats why.

You need spacers, 15mm wont cut it if you're sunk in 2 inches. Id suggest wider wheels then look into spacers. Theyre really only for minor adjustments, not huge gaps.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:49 AM
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

FK makes some pretty huge spacers. They bolt to the hub and the wheel bolts to them . But I seriously doubt they will be enough . Get some wide ass wheels with some deep offset .
Old 10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

FastPrelude420 has disabled reputation

where can i get some widewheels and what size offset u talking not good when it comes to buying rims but ive tried looking for some sites and i cant find any wide off set wheels

Last edited by FastPrelude420; 10-29-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:11 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

that's funny bacause I grew up in Denver (lots of14inch reverse gold daytons) and when I see a lot of the 240sx pics on here with "good" offsets, it reminds me of home.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Wheel spacers are dangerous, have fun with that. Why don't you go find "the Mexicans" and ask "them". They all know about cars apparently, they'll give you the answer you need. All Mexicans have cars with high offset wheels, everyone knows that. Just say "hey, you're Mexican, how do you make your wheels do that?".. Tell us how it turns out. Any other stupid things you'd like to say?
Old 10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Wheel spacers are dangerous, have fun with that......

Don't believe everything you read. If a wheel spacer can pass TUV approval, it's in no way dangerous. I've used them for years with ZERO problems and know about .... well , a whole VW Vortex worth of people using some sort if spacer with very minimal troubles.

I'm not talking about those universal fit PepBoiz specials though. I can see those being a bit sketchy. But if you mill out a solid chunk of billet aluminum, bolt them to the hub and use the proper loc-tite on them, then use the supplied bolts or studs.... there is no worries. But I'll tell you they aren't cheap. You're gonna spend upwards of $150/pr for good spacers. Look for FK or H&R.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you trust what you buy, go for it. If you want to buy a few hundred dollars worth of spacers, go for it. You'll never convince me that getting 2" aluminum wheel spacers of any type is a safe thing to do. I don't trust anything that replaces the studs anchored in the hub with studs anchored in an aluminum spacer. If you have really long studs that go through the hub and spacer, maybe, but not 2"..
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 AM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

search for "mexican wheel popers" on ebay, there are probably a few mexicans selling them.

Quick Reply: Mexican and Wheel Spacing?