Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

McLaren Gets the Boot for 07 and $100 Million Fine

Old 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: McLaren Gets the Boot for 07 and $100 Million Fine

Lame, the more and more I hear about ferrari, the more they make themselves out to be a bunch of snobs.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:52 PM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Lame, the more and more I hear about ferrari, the more they make themselves out to be a bunch of snobs.
They've earned it.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Suprajjang is an unknown quantity at this point

yep i absolutly hate ferrari
Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by Suprajjang
yep i absolutly hate ferrari
Why?

McLaren got caught cheating and you hate Ferrari?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by pixie
With that said, Alonso should absolutely lose his points and chance at the title , and they should loosee all points in the contructors championship...

With that said I am glad that Hamilton had immunity because I feel he is just connected by being on the team.
Has anything been said what the information contained? I feel that if the information gave McLaren a competitive edge both drivers should lose their points and McLaren should be fined and removed for the rest of the season. If the court precedings carry them to the next year, I'm not sure what I'd want to see done.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:48 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Corey
Has anything been said what the information contained? .
x2
Old 09-14-2007, 03:59 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by pixie

With that said, Alonso should absolutely lose his points and chance at the title , and they should loosee all points in the contructors championship . Alonso is making a very bad name for himself this season along with hurting the reputation of mclaren mercedes. I have never seen anyone with such lack of sportsmanship in my life.

With that said I am glad that Hamilton had immunity because I feel he is just connected by being on the team.

No one knows how much or how little gain mercedes got with the information from ferrari. So having not had the information they may not have been finishing so well, and may not be in the lead for the championship. This season has been crazy and I hope that Ron Dennis actually does let Alonso go at the end of the season as speculations have stated. He does not deserve to be on a team like mclaren. He has absolutely no cooth what so ever.

I firmly believe that Alonso was directly involved with the information from ferrari. Just look at how he has acted towards Massa and how angry Massa has gotten with him. Which I must say is a feat in itself to make Massa yell. He also disrespected his own team at Monza at the end of the race by going to the outside of the track rather then the inward lane to acknowlegde the team.

Kimi may be a party animal but at least he doesn't disrespect his team or the sport itself.
well, i have been thinking...
that it is BS that Hamilton finished in 5th in the hungarian GP.

this little 'war' between Hamilton and Alonso...yeah, they called a truce...
but how is it that there were no crashes to put tyre-cutting debris onto the track, and the whole field is running on the same tyres, and hamilton is the only one who suffers a tyre failure?!?!? hmmmmmm, me thinks there is something fishy going on...
1st GP for Hamilton NOT on the podium...
now ron dennis has stepped-in between the two drivers and the outcome is that alonso keeps his set-up private?!?!? wtf?!?!? can you say he's scared that his rookie teamate is and has been kicking his ass all season long? damn!
i think alonso KNOWS he made a mistake in leaving Renault and Flavio the way he did. i think he's now looking for any excuse to get out of his contract or whatever with McLaren. after this, though, i wonder who would pick him up.
i could go on and on...

now as for kimi...c'mon, man...kimi has utter disregard for any/everyone other than himself. he's also NOT the force to be reckoned-with that he supposedly was going to be NOT driving for McLaren...whatever...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

so ferrari borrows stuff from corvette (made by GM) AND then mercedes steals it from ferrari?? hmmm... c'mon merc.... it aint that bad asking GM for help is it?? lawlz.

Yes im joking. I know the borrowed tech fromt he corvette has nothing to do with the f1 cars.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:10 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

damn!!!!
the Belgian GP practice...

they just announced that alonso is suspected to have instigated the whole problem for the team because he wanted to be named the absolute #1 driver on the team. he wanted to have Hamilton lose his points and everything! i used to be an alonso fan in the Renault days...not that the Schu wasn't my absolute favorite, but damn! what a LOSER!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
damn!!!!
the Belgian GP practice...

they just announced that alonso is suspected to have instigated the whole problem for the team because he wanted to be named the absolute #1 driver on the team. he wanted to have Hamilton lose his points and everything! i used to be an alonso fan in the Renault days...not that the Schu wasn't my absolute favorite, but damn! what a LOSER!!!

You know, we don't see eye to eye on the whole Kimi thing. But I understand your feelings about the guy. The very reasons most of his opponents dislike him, are the reasons I adore the guy.

I'm glad My wife (Pixie) and I aren't the only ones who see Fernando for what he really is though. He should go back to Renault. He had success there and Flav and him have great chemistry. I pray to God that McLaren gives him the boot next year, or that he just leaves. I'm a Ferrari fan first and foremost. But I like McLaren just because the McLaren/Ferrari battle is fun to watch. Fernando makes me lose respect for the McLaren team.

I say drop Fernando, and bring in someone like Nico Rosburg or maybe even just trade Alonso for Heikki?

Quick Reply: McLaren Gets the Boot for 07 and $100 Million Fine