Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

McLaren Gets the Boot for 07 and $100 Million Fine

Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Default McLaren Gets the Boot for 07 and $100 Million Fine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6991147.stm

Fucking wow. I can't wait until Friday when all of the information is released.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish
Default Re: McLaren Gets the Boot for 07 and $100 Million Fine

Wow!!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

thats interestings....
Old 09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

So wait what happened? McLaren got caught using Ferrari Information?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Fucking Ferrari and their whining.

I think everyone should have everyone else's secrets anyway. Like in My Cousin Vinny.

White powder on the fuel tanks? Come the fuck on.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

-GoKart- will become famous soon enough

Now that is a big dollar fine there! Alonso and Hamilton had immunity agreements saving their driver points.
Hope the rumors are not true that Alonso was involved with the knowledge that the information was comming directly from Ferrari.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

NASCAR would have just fined them the cost of a 12-pack and sent them to their rooms without dinner. for F1.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

pixie

ok you suck I was just reading this and was gonna post it up here.

With that said, Alonso should absolutely lose his points and chance at the title , and they should loosee all points in the contructors championship . Alonso is making a very bad name for himself this season along with hurting the reputation of mclaren mercedes. I have never seen anyone with such lack of sportsmanship in my life.

With that said I am glad that Hamilton had immunity because I feel he is just connected by being on the team.

No one knows how much or how little gain mercedes got with the information from ferrari. So having not had the information they may not have been finishing so well, and may not be in the lead for the championship. This season has been crazy and I hope that Ron Dennis actually does let Alonso go at the end of the season as speculations have stated. He does not deserve to be on a team like mclaren. He has absolutely no cooth what so ever.

I firmly believe that Alonso was directly involved with the information from ferrari. Just look at how he has acted towards Massa and how angry Massa has gotten with him. Which I must say is a feat in itself to make Massa yell. He also disrespected his own team at Monza at the end of the race by going to the outside of the track rather then the inward lane to acknowlegde the team.

Kimi may be a party animal but at least he doesn't disrespect his team or the sport itself.

Last edited by pixie; 09-13-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling kills me
Old 09-13-2007, 05:34 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

seriously theres no such thing as secretes in racing, some one is going to figure it out
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

sorry, they didn't get 'the boot' per se.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/9/6767.html

McLaren have been excluded from the 2007 constructors’ championship and fined US$100 million following Thursday’s FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) hearing in Paris. Drivers Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton have not been penalized and are free to continue their fight for the drivers' title.

The penalty follows McLaren’s admission that the team was in breach of the International Sporting Code through their possession of confidential technical data belonging to rivals Ferrari, who are now all but assured of the 2007 constructors’ title.

McLaren are also required to submit detailed plans of their 2008 car to the FIA, who warned that it could apply further sanctions relating to next season should any irregularities be found in the car’s design.

At July’s original hearing, the Council opted not to punish McLaren as it decided there was no proof that the Ferrari data had been used. Thursday’s second hearing followed the emergence of new evidence and the FIA’s request for McLaren’s drivers to submit any information they had that might be relevant to the case.

The FIA will explain the reasons behind the Council's decision on Friday, after which McLaren will decide whether or not to appeal.

The full statement from the FIA:

In an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council was held in Paris on the 12th of September 2007, The following decision was taken:

"The WMSC has stripped Vodafone McLaren Mercedes of all constructors' points in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championshiop an the team can score no point for the remainder of the season *.

"Furthermore, the team will pay a fine equal to 100 million dollar, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction.

"However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the team's drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regards to drivers' points **.

"The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season."

The full reasons for this decision will be issued on the 14th September 2007.

* Points gained by other teams so far this season will not be affected.

** No McLaren representative will be allowed on the podium should a McLaren driver win any of the remaining races of the 2007 season.

Quick Reply: McLaren Gets the Boot for 07 and $100 Million Fine