Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

In the market for a new car? STAY AWAY FROM RK!

Old 08-11-2004, 02:46 PM
'06 FF Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94SupraTT has disabled reputation
Thumbs down In the market for a new car? STAY AWAY FROM RK!

I spent 5 hours at RK. After much stress I finally made it to the finance dept. Where I was lied to. Basically I was told that taking GAP insurance and an extended warranty would not effect the overall cost. Well when I came back the story switched up. The Finance manager (Joanie) was EXTREMELY rude and unprofessional. She tried to belittle me in front of a sales manager. She went on the say the real reason why she tacked on the extra stuff. It was to offset the loss they were taking. I have since filed a complaint with the BBB, Toyota, and have got in contact with someone in RK's corporate office. Things should be straightened out this Friday. I was forwarned about RK by a moderator of mine that they are trying to screw over. Unfortunately I did not listen and am going through a ton of crap to get it resolved. Please go to any other dealership but them. I have done google searches on them and quite a few people have been scammed by them.

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=6683&wrapper=
http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=6187&wrapper=
http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=6047&wrapper=
http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=3513&wrapper=
http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=6685&wrapper=
http://www.silverblue.org/archives/000055.html

rated 2.4 out of 5.0 from people that have bought from them
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/de...dealerid=15504

Office of Consumer Services (only on file for 3years)
Company Name: RK TOYOTA-VOLVO
Trade Name:
Address: 2301 W. MERCURY BLVD.
HAMPTON VA, 23666
Total Received: 11
Total Pending: 0
Total Closed: 11
Favorable: 4
Unfavorable: 0
Others: 7
As you can see many people have complained about them. Alledgely they lost their Volvo dealership because of how they do business.

Thread on my board
Old 08-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus
Default Re: In the market for a new car? STAY AWAY FROM RK!

if you get a nissan i know a place that have good prices. Hit me a Pm or on aim Rico.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I just got home from there actually, they have a WRX wagon on autotrader that doesn't exist. So I wasted a trip. No one could find the car, it was funny..
Old 08-11-2004, 04:56 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

It amazes me that I've lived in VA Beach for only a handful of years, maybe 4 total, and I have never, ever heard a positive thing about any RK dealership, yet people still buy cars from them.. Hell I've never even attempted or wanted to buy a car from RK, but I still hear the stories.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:33 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

lol my friend trey is a salesman there :x
Old 08-11-2004, 06:35 PM
'06 FF Champ

94SupraTT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I just got home from there actually, they have a WRX wagon on autotrader that doesn't exist. So I wasted a trip. No one could find the car, it was funny..
Yeah I called on a Sequioa they had in Autotrader for $25k. Funny thing is when I called they said it was sold. I called the day it was listed and it was soon as they opened. They cheapest one they had left was priced at $33k.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

yeah they do shitty work to.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:04 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

its cause you dont clean your poopra rico...

Old 08-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Orange_Fly_Bye has disabled reputation

I tried to buy a 300zx from there. got there asked if i could test drive it got back from that, sat down with this sales ass fuck. we worked out how much and i said i had another car i wanted to look and and he said ok thats fine but y don't u want to put down money i said no i will be back later that day if i was gonna buy the car. he goes well let have u put $100 down i said no its ok i will be back later 2day if im gonna purchase the car. he said ok fine $50 i said no he said ok $25 i said look i told u if im gonna buy the car i will be back 2 day. he says ok $5 i said nevermind i dont even fuckin want the car now, he goes well u have to put some kind of down payment on the car i said no i do not and left. that was a fun day, the only reason i didnt put any money down is they dont have to give u ur money back or put it as a down payment at all.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

I got kicked out of ther once. Well I was leaving out the door with my back to the guy and he told me to never come back. It was funny.

But I had a run in with a sales girl when RK was going through that racial discrimination lawsuit a couple years ago. She basically talked shit abou the guy to me while this story was in the news. The next day I was in the VP's office. He didn't give a shit I told them they sucked and had a bad rep. He said all the state troopers, VA governament officials etc buy from them...
I only go back there if I want to ball out one of their cars

Quick Reply: In the market for a new car? STAY AWAY FROM RK!